Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE help! i've tried everything :(

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Hello guys,
i'm a new member and this is my first topic.

My computer is crshing when playing games (and only games), while rendering something or doing some heavy stuff nothing happens!
After playing for a while the computer crashes and random colors appear on the screen (vertical green lines or something like that)..
Here is a screenshot from Speccy (the computer is running since 4 hours):

https://up.harajgulf.com/do.php?img=1398777 

I belive there is enough fans inside and the cooling system is not that bad but it's running a bit hot!

I've applied new thermal paste and pads from Arcitic two weeks a go on the graphic card and the processor and cleaned all the dust...
Here's a look from the inside too: https://up.harajgulf.com/do.php?img=1398772

I've tried applying Hyper Threading from Bios, but nothing happed...  :mellow:

Please Help me i'm going insane!   :bowdown:   :bowdown:   :bowdown:   :bowdown:

P.S. please forgive me if my english is bad, i'm not an english native speaker.

Thanks alot!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

Sorry, as i took the screenshot from Speccy, Prime95 was running in the background, that's why my CPU was workig 100% and the Temp was so high.. here is a screenshot after closing Prime95:

https://up.harajgulf.com/do.php?img=1398809

Btw, why i'm not allowed to upload screenshots?  :blink:

#3 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Crash photo: https://up.harajgulf.com/do.php?img=1398927

This is an example from what's happening.. sometimes it's green, sometimes gray, etc..

Suddenly during playing it appears while the sound freezes too!

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Workstation graphics cards are NOT recommended for gaming. They simply aren't built for them. They do support DirectX, but nobody really tests games with workstation cards.

With that said try this:

Download the latest (or best) ATI Workstation Drivers, if you have a driver you know is good, get it.

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

These steps are almost always first when you encounter GPU and gaming problems. If these steps don't fix your issue then you will have to wait for BSOD expert to help. Good luck!

#5 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Workstation graphics cards are NOT recommended for gaming. They simply aren't built for them. They do support DirectX, but nobody really tests games with workstation cards.

With that said try this:

Download the latest (or best) ATI Workstation Drivers, if you have a driver you know is good, get it.

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Restart if prompted

These steps are almost always first when you encounter GPU and gaming problems. If these steps don't fix your issue then you will have to wait for BSOD expert to help. Good luck!

Thnak you!

I'll give it a try!

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Big cpu and 45nm 130TDP, can't seem to find any info about max temp for that cpu so ill use the force and claim it can only take 70c "unless someone can find more info on the topic" and you hit 77c.

Server hardware tends to be very stable as well, odd this is going on.

CPU temp limits seem to be 60c~105C depending on what cpu were talking about, anyone guess as to what OP can take.

And ya only happens when you play games hemmm i might mess with drivers and see what happens keeping in mind newer driver doesn't mean better.

Workstation graphics cards are NOT recommended for gaming

I use one and have never had a problem and its overclocked, imho workstation cards are just higher quality.

You do any 3d benchmarks and check your temps on the video card to see what happens ?

As well could you do a full speccy screen shot, hard to know whats going on with out knowing whats going on.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Edited by shadow_647, 06 January 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

k took some reserch but found the max heat temp for your cpu core its 67c

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core%20i7-960%20AT80601002727AA%20(BX80601960%20-%20BXC80601960).html

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20W3550%20-%20AT80601002112AB%20(BX80601W3550).html

Edited by shadow_647, 06 January 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#8 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

With that said try this:

• Restart if prompted

Unfortunately it didn't help :(

#9 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Big cpu and 45nm 130TDP, can't seem to find any info about max temp for that cpu so ill use the force and claim it can only take 70c "unless someone can find more info on the topic" and you hit 77c.

Server hardware tends to be very stable as well, odd this is going on.

CPU temp limits seem to be 60c~105C depending on what cpu were talking about, anyone guess as to what OP can take.

And ya only happens when you play games hemmm i might mess with drivers and see what happens keeping in mind newer driver doesn't mean better.

Workstation graphics cards are NOT recommended for gaming

I use one and have never had a problem and its overclocked, imho workstation cards are just higher quality.

You do any 3d benchmarks and check your temps on the video card to see what happens ?

As well could you do a full speccy screen shot, hard to know whats going on with out knowing whats going on.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

This is the full Speccy screenshot :  http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Iy2RqJivrM2Y1NpBJSR7ZcJ

I do alot of video rendering, and during the 3D graphic card stress test the graphic card went max. up to 70°-80°C (After changing the thermal paste und adding some pads).

#10 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

The screenshot was token during the Prime95 test (and it was opened twice in the background :unsure:).

Please check the newest screenshot in my latest reply, the speccy screenshot was taken immediately as the computer turned on.

#11 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

My self i don't know whats going on but i do know what happens when CPU runs to hot and your is all most in the 80c zone.

So best guess that water cooler is fail, i know all in one liquid coolers are all the rage of late but not all are good, some suck and others are hardly better then a quality air cooler, seems theirs a lot of all in ones liquid coolers out their that are just trying to cash in on the fad.

If money is no objective and you have a good job and can afford it my self id all most go full size liquid cooling kit on that thing, course a kit like that is $250~$400 and most stores don't carry that kind of quality so you have to order it online.

The stock cooler for your cpu from Intel is this best i can tell, a quad heat pipe monsters with a fan that probably kills your ears, i doubt Intel messes around with the heat/cooling topic for a server, if they did people would freak and server quality costs $$$, so im shore their stock coolers do the job.

Just looking at that fan though scares me, probably super loud.

Seen more then one vid on youtube of server farms and man the noise in their is bad.

51_intel_p_small.jpg

What did you say that liquid cooler all in one was ?

#12 Murad_Alm

Murad_Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

My self i don't know whats going on but i do know what happens when CPU runs to hot and your is all most in the 80c zone.

So best guess that water cooler is fail, i know all in one liquid coolers are all the rage of late but not all are good, some suck and others are hardly better then a quality air cooler, seems theirs a lot of all in ones liquid coolers out their that are just trying to cash in on the fad.

If money is no objective and you have a good job and can afford it my self id all most go full size liquid cooling kit on that thing, course a kit like that is $250~$400 and most stores don't carry that kind of quality so you have to order it online.

The stock cooler for your cpu from Intel is this best i can tell, a quad heat pipe monsters with a fan that probably kills your ears, i doubt Intel messes around with the heat/cooling topic for a server, if they did people would freak and server quality costs $$$, so im shore their stock coolers do the job.

Just looking at that fan though scares me, probably super loud.

Seen more then one vid on youtube of server farms and man the noise in their is bad.

51_intel_p_small.jpg

What did you say that liquid cooler all in one was ?

Oh that's a greeat advice, but two minutes ago the PC crashed again at 65°C CPU temp.. :/

Actually i don't have that money for the cooling system :'( 

Sorry for this question, but are you sure it's a cooling problem?! 

#13 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

DId you look at the cpu info from CPU WORLD ?

limit is 69c and your talking about 65C and 80C so you know.

Doubt you can do this on a server mobo but one trick to drop the TDP would be under-clock and under volt.

Pushing the heat topic on a cpu and a computer becoming unstable are well that's what happens.

And your cooler is what ? can't tell from the pic.

#14 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

A few things, your temps are a bit high, you mentioned you were running Prime 95 so I understand the higher temp. Your temperature could be causing the problems but if you can run prime95 stable for an hour or two without issue, I would say your cpu and most likely RAM are ok. You could try running memtest86+ for 3-4 passes (typically takes about 2-3 hours) just to verify your RAM has no errors. You can get memtest86+ here: http://www.memtest.org/#downcode

Next, I noticed you have an HP mainboard which was made during the "great capacitor plague era", you may have bulging or blown capacitors on your board which could be causing the problem. I would recommend you check for blown or bulging capacitors on your mainboard and video card as a first step, compare your caps to those in these images:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blown+bulging+capacitors+motherboard&biw=1920&bih=939&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwievrGBqbXRAhUIxYMKHdz8B0IQ_AUIBigB

Side note: gaming often uses more power than rendering with rendering typically only maxing one component. Do you know if your video card is being used in the rendering process? In most cases with older hardware, your CPU is harnessed for rendering video, not the video card. Some GPU's can be used in adobe for rendering, you have a firepro card so you may be capable of offloading that task to the video card.

It could be a power related problem while gaming, or, you may have a failing video card, or problems with the built in memory (vRAM). If your video card has a problem, replacement would be the only option. You could try testing your video card alone by running furmark: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

If Furmark will run for an hour or two stable alone, your video card is probably ok. At this point, try running prime95 and furmark at the same time, this will stress both your CPU and Video card at the same time, what this will do is increase your power consumption and your temperatures. If you have a crash during these tests, you may have a power supply problem or temperature problem that only arises while stressing both of these components at the same time as gaming will do.

Edited by zingo156, 11 January 2017 - 03:50 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#15 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

After looking through your speccy report, you do have one uncorrectable error on your WD 500GB hard drive.

Attribute name: 
Uncorrectable Sector Count
Real value: 1
Current: 200
Worst: 200
Threshold: 0
Raw Value: 0000000001

To read more about SMART data, here is the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T. any of the pink attributes are considered critical, uncorrectables are in this category. I would recommend replacing the hard drive if you are able to do so. For certain keep good backups of anything you do not wish to risk losing.

I have used disks with errors without problems and have had some suddenly fail or cause freezes/crashes. If you have your games installed on this disk, it could be the reason you are experiencing crashes.

Edited by zingo156, 09 January 2017 - 10:50 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users