Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 8 problem (runs fine in safe mode)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grateful dad

grateful dad

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

2 nights ago our laptop was left on all night, when I woke up the computer was not running properly at all.  Extremely sluggish and barely opens any programs.  I had a hard time getting it into safe mode to be able to write this out.  I tried running malwarebytes a few times with varied results.  First few times it just wouldn't open and the computer would freeze shortly after.  I ran rkill before malwayrebytes and one time it scanned about 400k files, found 3 threats in 30 minutes and then got stuck on heuristic analysis for over 4 hours before I canceled.  The last time I ran it was scanning extremely slow and had only scanned 3.2k files after over an hour. 

In safe mode the computer it runs fine with no issues.  It seems when I start in normal mode it runs smooth for about a minute then everything locks up.  Nothing responds and eventually I have to turn the computer off by the power button.  The night before the computer was running with no issues at all. 

If anyone can give many any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm willing to try whatever it takes at this point.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users