Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Sims

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StarrFireMyst

StarrFireMyst

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem......I have The Sims Deluxe, Hot Date, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin Magic I have a good computer, new, etc. and everything was going fine, however awhile ago the scren got messed up....it was like my screen turned into grid blocks and was all scattered.....things were not in the correct order, and the screen would like drag.....and I can't seem to get it fixed....I've emailed EA games and everything, but no one ever seems to get back to you from there......if anyone had any ideas.....thanks!
~*~StarrFireMyst~*~

~My Words Just Like a Mentioned *Kiss*~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:37 PM

If this happened all of a sudden, but does not happen very often, it could just be random glitches. A restart of the computer will often take care of that.

Out of curiousity, have you installed any new software lately?

Also, how much RAM does your video card have?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 StarrFireMyst

StarrFireMyst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:17 PM

it does happen often, it's like it happend one day and has ben like that since......I don't know how much video ram I have...how do I check? I even uninstalled and reinstalled all games and it didn't help.... I have installed software recently, however this first started about a year ago, at that time I am almost positive that the only things I installed was my Sims games....
~*~StarrFireMyst~*~

~My Words Just Like a Mentioned *Kiss*~

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:05 PM

Most graphic intense games such as The Sims really like to have a dedicated video card. Has someone installed a video card to your system?

To find out how much RAM you have (both video and system), you can d/l Everest Home.

On the Everest report, click Computer and summary.
Under the motherboard heading, system memory, it will tell you how much system RAM you have installed.
Under display, video adaptor, it will tell you how much video RAM you have, even if it is embedded or on-board.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:53 AM

are you running windows xp home?
if so did you have instalation problems with SUPERSTAR?
i did, it said i needed a hotfix or something. so i had to downd it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users