I have a program I'm trying to install from a flash drive (install.exe file) on my Windows 10 computer and I constantly receive this error message shortly after I click yes to allow it to make changes to my computer:
"installation ended prematurely because of an error"
- I've tried to run as admin.
- I've tried all the windows compatibility options and non work
- I've tried some minor registry editing (but I am really unsure how to successfully target registry files)
- I've tried opening the file using command prompt and received an error about expecting to contain an assembly manifest.
- I've downloaded a newer version of this program and it produces the same error, however, I also downloaded an older version and it installed correctly
I've messed around with this for the majority of yesterday and nothing worked. However, once i returned home I threw the flash drive in my other computer at home (windows 8) and the program install worked.
Does anyone know how to make this install on my windows 10 computer? Would this error simply mean it's a compatibility issue (but then why can an even older version of the program install successfully)?
Edited by AdamPG, 06 January 2017 - 12:28 PM.