Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't open some google sites after trojan infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 McMudface

McMudface

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

I was sick so I wanted to download red alert 2 for keeping me busy. BAM, hit by a trojan from a torrent site, my fault.

Malwarebytes immediately discovered the threat, but seemed not to remove it all. When opening firefox again (Win10 operating system), a weird system setup box appeared that I closed in task manager. I did a windows defender search and that program found again the trojan and removed it, but had the same effect: none.

I did a start up in safe mode and I ran ADWCleaner, MBAM, Superantispyware and the online virus software ESET (which found 4 threats).

So far it seams to me that the trojan and other corrupted files are gone, but something went wrong with the certificates and I can't seem to find online how I can do something about it.

So far, it seems that only google-related sites don't work. I can open gmail though. But google.com gives me the error code SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER.

The mozilla helpguide is getting me nowhere. Can someone explain what happened and what I can do about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 McMudface

McMudface
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Looks like hitman pro gave the trojan horse the final shot. Youtube and google are working properly now. It wasn't completely gone, since I had some pop-up blockings for ssp.zryydi stuff.

Are there any steps that I should take from here on? Is it necessary to take a new password for several sites?

Edited by McMudface, 06 January 2017 - 01:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users