Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser hijacker problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kuroakemi

kuroakemi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:56 AM

So I have a browser hijacker..its either newpoptab or plus network or both..i have tried using malwarebytes,adwcleaner,avast,hitmanpro,zemana and spyhunter. the only one that found it was spyhunter BUT obviously since i didn't buy it I was unable to remove the hijackers. none of the others could find it..i have reset my browser (opera) and that didn't work either. i run windows 8.1. I have no clue what else to do please help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:05 AM

Step 1: Speccy Scan.

• Please go here and download Speccy.
  • Install and run the program.
  • Upon Completion:
  • Hit File
  • Publish Snap Shot
  • A link will appear, post that link.

Step 2: MiniToolBox Scan

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go post the result.

Step 3: Autoruns Scan.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe
After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save
The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option.
in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Step 4: Security Check Scan.

• Download Security Check to your desktop.
  • Right click it run as administrator.
  • When the program completes, the tool will automatically open a log file.
  • Please post that log here in your next post.

JRT Scan.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

• Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Please post the JRT log.

Adware Cleaner Scan.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

#3 kuroakemi

kuroakemi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:04 AM

This person was banned so i won't trust them..anyone else have any tips? :)

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

..i have tried using malwarebytes,adwcleaner,avast,hitmanpro,zemana and spyhunter..

Since none of the tools you have used thus far are finding any malicious files or not successful at removal, disinfection will probably require the use of more powerful tools than we can recommend in this forum. Many of the scanning tools we use in this forum are not capable of detecting (removing) all malware variants so more advanced tools are needed to investigate. Before that can be done you will need to create and post a FRST log for further investigation.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.
  • If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.
When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing that, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users