Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Which PSU should I buy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MyNameIguess

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello , I am stuck between two PCU'S for this system that I am about to build which should I use 

PCU'S :  

Corsair VS Series VS550 80Plus or Thermaltake TR2 S 700W

System is :  Case : Cougar Spike - 21,70 €                                                                                                                                                                                          

Motherboard : ASUS H110M-K S1151 DDR4 MATX - 57,00€                                                                                                                                           

Video Card : Gigabyte Radeon RX460 4GB Windforce OC - 131,18 €                                                                                                                        

CPU : Intel Core i3-6100 Box - 121,90  €                                                                                                                                                                       

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB)  - 70,83 €                                                                                                                                               

Hard Drive : Seagate Barracuda 1TB  - 53,00 €                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Monitor : AOC E2275SWJ - 79,35 €                

Edited by MyNameIguess, 05 January 2017 - 02:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,285 posts
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Either one will work.  The Thermaltake will give you more available power, should you upgrade to a more power hungry video card in the future.

#3 TheGreenGamers

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

Yes, you should get the Thermaltake 700w if you like gaming or plan to upgrade your pc in the future. In addition, if you ever get a high-power system and need a power supply, you already have one with a nice wattage.

#4 shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

id get the corsair my self, i know Thermaltake has made some trash in the past with fake watt stickers on their psu, i know this because i own one and it claimed to do 430watts but after doing some hard research on the topic i found out its just a high quality 250watt psu with a fake 430watt sticker on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users