Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD caused by Video Card Power?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel2345

Rebel2345

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

I had a topic a while ago, and I was getting Kernel Power 41 errors. It was mainly after upgrading, and I have changed everything besides the mobo and CPU, but I wasn't having errors before upgrading my GPU. I guess it comes down to my EVGA 1070 FTW being the problem somehow. So I got to talk to a local tech guy, and told him everything. One last suggestion he made before assuming the GPU was bad, was if I was only running a single power cord to my GPU, that it could be the problem.

I did only run one cable to begin with. I just assumed that the Corsair I bought having two ends on one cable would work. But I put in another cord. Hoping that fixes my problem. Its just that my shutdowns are so sporadic that I don't know how I can really confirm this fix besides waiting months and not having another. I had went atleast 2 months without an error before it started again recently and stress tests never once caused the error, only normal gaming use.

Anyone confirm that this could cause a 41 shutdown? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

Iv had 3 hard crashes in a day before,in my win98 days it was slapping the reset all day and that was normal, your talking about 2 months ?

if were not talking chronic problems just once in a blue moon deal i dont see the problem.

#3 Rebel2345

Rebel2345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Well, it comes and goes. When I first upgraded it would do it within 30 minutes or so. That could have been a driver issue or something, it slowed down. It would happen during gaming or something, but not constantly. Weird thing is, I went on vacation and didn't do anything, all of a sudden it ran fine. I was able to play games no problem, hours on end. It went away for a couple months. Now, in the last month or so, it has started happening again sporadically. It would sometimes randomly crash while idle, or would happen pretty quickly after starting up a game. The last couple days it has happened every time I try to play a game. Half hour in or so, it would BSOD.

Sorry I didn't make that very clear. My original post is below. 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624831/pc-restartingfreezing-41-kernel-power/

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Well if you know how to work a bios id say put the system in to slow/safe mode if you know what i mean and drop speed on ram and cpu by like 25% as well as loosen timings and see if that douse something, then go play the game that likes crashing and see what happens, report back after 2 hours of gaming with what happened.

Other thing i might do if the topic was really getting on my nerves and no fix was found is setup the system in win7 with a very safe setup of the install, no patches or anything just sp1 and min trusted drivers, all most nothing 3rd party app wise installed, just a handful of games that liked to crash and see if that douse anything.

Do you know how to work a bios ?

Btw whats max loaded heat on both GUP and CPU after 15 min burn in ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users