Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Wireless Drivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hey,

So after a clean install on a laptop I am trying to find/install the WiFi Drivers and had no luck so far.

Laptop is Toshiba Satellite L750-22H (PSK1WE)

First I was looking on the us website but laptop is not even listed, so then I realised it has to be on the toshiba european website. I have downloaded both version of Intel WiFi Lan Drivers and nothing. Problem appears when I am trying to install the driver. After download I extract and all goes well but when to run the setup for the driver it doesn't go through anymore, as in nothing happening. 

Any opinions ?

EDIT: Windows 7 64-bit

Edited by Thoth_Dhwty, 05 January 2017 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to any devices in Device Manager? 

Right click each device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. Does the computer connect using Ethernet?

#3 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Ok, solved. I was all this time downloading the wrong drivers. I was getting Intel WiFi ones instead of Atheros ones. I thought it would be the Intel one since it's an Intel chipset label on the laptop case.

Is there a way of telling when a computer using intel or atheros so I don't have to deal with this again in the future ?

Thanks!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Right click the Wifi adapter in Device Manager, find the first line in Hardware IDs per my previous post. The Vendor ID of Atheros is 0X168C. Intel is 8086. 

If no driver was found after a clean install Windows would put a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device but you would still see your Vendor ID under Hardware IDs.

#5 Thoth_Dhwty

Thoth_Dhwty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

Ah I see..

Yeah it's PCI\VEN_168C.

Thanks!

#6 JohnC_21