Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when trying to start windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Xdecora

Xdecora

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

So someone in my family just gave me a one of there older PC's. When i got home it booted up no problem. I gave my friend the parts inside (except the hard drive) so he could build his first PC for his birthday. So i hooked the hard drive from the PC that was given to me to my PC to get some Information of of it like the Windows key and once it gets to the windows symbol (windows 7) it BSOD. When i boot from my PC drives it works fine and the other hard drive shows up and i can see  all the folders inside of it. Any suggestions?

The files im including where run off of my hard drive, dont know if it will include the information about the BSOD hard drives or not just let me no if you need me to redo anything.

Thanks for your time

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

In general you don't swap hdd windows installs from one pc to the other unless both pcs are 100% the same on a hardware level, you do full reinstall, even if it half works doing that kind of thing tends to freak the windows install, as well some versions of windows from what i understand have DRM in em that dousen't let you go thier.

Edited by shadow_647, 05 January 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#3 Xdecora

Xdecora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

In general you don't swap hdd windows installs from one pc to the other unless both pcs are 100% the same on a hardware level, you do full reinstall, even if it half works doing that kind of thing tends to freak the windows install, as well some versions of windows from what i understand have DRM in em that dousen't let you go thier.

Would You be able to suggest a way to at least get the Windows key of of it without having to get all the parts back?

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Could yes, sadly hacking topics aren't allowed in this place so can't really help much, one thing i can tell you though from what i know is most of the ways to get at a win7 install key is only possible if windows is up and running, if window bombed and doesn't work in safe mode or normal mode i don't know how to get to the key, in any case you can't use a key more then once in any case, windows update for instance will just ban the key on all systems i would think if too many people start using the same key on different installs and they find out about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users