Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 asphudelson

asphudelson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

Hello,
I found this site looking for a cure for spywarequake2 and here I am. I had been "away from computers" for awhile. I was a EET and worked in the industry before PC's existed, and was so sick of travelling and working on them that I shied away from them for some time. Now it seems, one cannot live without a PC each day. I guess my biggest concern is that so many dregs of society create parasitic software that it seems a bit of legislation and corresponding prison time might be in order for the developers of this type of software. Well, on with my quest to fix "Quake2".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

It is because of the importance of computers and the Internet to contemporary life that it is necessary to protect oneself against ever-proliferating malware.
Having a systemmatic and layered approach to computer security is important, the real key is a well-informed and knowledgeable user.
Here at BC, a great user community, you can both educate yourself about best security practices as well as keep abreast of new security problems, and, of course, receive help with a computer problem if you need it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 29 August 2006 - 11:27 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image asphudelson
Hope the 'spywarequake' fix works for you.
Good luck :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users