Hello BC.com. I am at wits end, and have been directed here by a friend in an attempt to find a solution to a problem that I simply cannot find a solution to. When playing (or entering) certain games, my PC will just suddenly reboot without warning. No blue screen or nothing, just sudden reboot. Machine is a couple of years old, but is still able to run (most) new games on a high quality. I discovered another post (from 2014) in here that described somewhat the same problems, but there was no solution listed there. I've used the format of his post here as well.
While my PC works just fine in every day life, and can run most games, but for the last couple of months, whenever I try to play certain games my PC will just shut down and then boot up again without warning. For the majority of the games that provoke the reboot it holds true that I have played them before in the past without a glitch, yet now they suddenly cause a reboot. All of these games run via Steam.
The problem occurs with the following games:
Mordheim (just past intro screen PC crashes)
Witcher 3 + DLC (Geralt can walk around for aproximately a minute, then reboot)
Man O' War: Corsairs (played the game for about an hour, then reboot and now it always reboots)
Shadow Tactics (Loads level but the moment I enter the actual level, reboot)
The following games are examples of games that work just fine:
Tiger Knight: Empire War
Total War: Warhammer
Computer Specs (from Speccy)
- Windows 10 Home 64bit
- Intel Core i7 4771 @ 3.50GHz 37 °C
- 650watt PSU
Attempted Solutions (that failed)
- Replaced 700 watt Coolermaster PSU with a 650 one. (It's less watt, but newer and machine seemed to run smother afterward)
- Replaced my current GeForce 770 card with a new Radeon RX 480 Graphics (Sapphire)
- Removed 1 stick of ram at a time to see if one was faulty
- Cleaned out the dust from the fans
- Tried a refresh then a format but game still crashes when steam is downloaded and games are installed once more
Tests (that also failed)
- Ran memtest86 over night without any things popping up as
- Ran FurMark stress test. PC made what I'd call a healthy curve that flattened out around 79-80 °C.
As previously stated, I am at wits end. Contemplating purchasing a new motherboard, but with a recent graphic card and PSU purchase, funds are low so it will have to wait. And if there's another solution, then I'd rather try that first.
Help me, Stranger-wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.