Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Make A Jpanel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Melon109

Melon109

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I have Java with Netbeans 5.0. When i try to enter code to create a JPanel, many, many errors come up, and in the end it is a total distaster. Can someone please guide me though the procces of how to make a simple JPanel with Netbeans, or at least where to put the code? I have tried to put it in files in projects, but there are so many, and I don't have that much time! Some one please help me!

Melon109
STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC! ARRGGG!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

It would be helpful if we could see your code. I am not going to do anybody's homework for them, unless you are willing to do my linear algebra for me. :thumbsup:

When you create a project in Netbeans, it will open a panel on the left side with your project. Onbe of the tabs will be labeled 'files'. If you click on that one, and then expand your project, you will see a directory called src (which stands for source). That is where your source code will go. All you really need to do is right click on the project name, select New, then class (or Main Class, depending on what you are doing), then give it a proper name. Once you do that, the project will open in the editor, and you can go about creating your project.

Post up your code so that we can see what you are doing. It would also be helpful if you stated what sort of errors you were getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users