Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer beeps and monitor won't come on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blazer15

Blazer15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

Turned off CPU on Monday night, no problems, went to turn on Tuesday night and I get 2 beeps about every 3 seconds but monitor won't come on...internet says beeps could be memory related, how do I get into safe mode? The damn monitor won't come on and the beeps are driving me crazy, can anyone help me? Is there a key to hold down, I've tried most...

Thank you
Blazer15

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

What is your operating system?

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

The two beeps you are hearing are POST codes. Power On Self Test. The BIOS chip checks your computer hardware when you turn it on.What the beeps mean are dependent on the manufacturer of your computer. Look up POST codes for your brand. it will tell you exactly what the code means. What make and model is your computer?

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:11 AM

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm   <<<< Look Here!

#5 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

or here---https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=parity+circuit+failure&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users