Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proposed build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 desdichato

desdichato

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Main Computer (projected build)

This one will be a big one, I would like it too have at least 12 HDD's, the case Thermaltake x-9 and has 4 USB 3.0 in the front panel and I would like an extra 2 making a total of 6 x USB 3.0 in the front panel.

I have been unable to find a Motherboard capable of supporting the 3 USB 3.0 connections and the 12 sata connections (all on board).

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:28 AM

12 SATA connectors motherboard is very hard (impossible?) to find. Much easier to find 8*SATA motherboard + one or two PCI Express cards to add more SATA ports.

#3 TechSpert

TechSpert

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Main Computer (projected build)

This one will be a big one, I would like it too have at least 12 HDD's, the case Thermaltake x-9 and has 4 USB 3.0 in the front panel and I would like an extra 2 making a total of 6 x USB 3.0 in the front panel.

I have been unable to find a Motherboard capable of supporting the 3 USB 3.0 connections and the 12 sata connections (all on board).

Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

Maximum budget?

What country are you from? This is needed to get the correct currency.

What are the purposes of this computer?

#4 desdichato

desdichato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

Guys Thanks for the tips, I'm from Oz and expect to pay about 2.5k I intend to use this computer for everything other than surfing the net, including playing and making movies, playing and making music, cad type software as well as the normal software (spreadsheets, writing etc), the main reason I mention a big mobo is because I want to keep the o/s and software and data/backup as seperate as I can from each other plus none mainstream software.

Once again Guys thanks.   

#5 TechSpert

TechSpert

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

Guys Thanks for the tips, I'm from Oz and expect to pay about 2.5k I intend to use this computer for everything other than surfing the net, including playing and making movies, playing and making music, cad type software as well as the normal software (spreadsheets, writing etc), the main reason I mention a big mobo is because I want to keep the o/s and software and data/backup as seperate as I can from each other plus none mainstream software.

Once again Guys thanks.   

Here is my recommended computer build. 

You will be using the 7th generation Intel processor along with the newest Intel chipset based motherboard.

This computer build will be more than powerful enough for your needs along with plenty of storage space.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($498.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($85.00 @ Umart) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($219.00 @ Storm Computers) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB NITRO+ 4G Video Card  ($339.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Corsair 100R Silent ATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Total: $1944.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-08 00:50 AEDT+1100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users