Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'd appreciate help deleting an Ubuntu drive I created.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paranoidroid

Paranoidroid

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your time. Awhile back I created a drive, CD:Drive (E) Ubuntu, and now I seem unable to rid myself of it. It won't let me remove or delete this. Any advice on how to do this would be wonderful. Also, if I may tack on one corollary question, what drives/volumes are necessary for Win 10? I found that I have a both a system and a boot volume, for example and had heard that everything is in the boot volume in Win 10. Thanks again!

- PD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheGreenGamers

TheGreenGamers

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

You're running Windows 10, so go to Cortana and type in "Disk Management." It will say something like "Create and format hard disk partitions;" That's the one you want. Your boot drive should be called "Disk 0," and should have some partitions already on it, such as "OS: C." The C Partition is the Windows' partition, but you may have more, such as one or more recovery partitions and an OEM partition. These partitions are for booting to the Utility Partition. (Only do this if you want to completely wipe the hard drives and install the computer's original operating system.)

Now onto the answer. You'll just need to find the "E:" drive, right click on it, and select "Delete Volume."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users