Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NvStreamUserAgent.exe error after power outage.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sew333

sew333

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

Last time in my house was power outage , and after next boot i had this error in event viewer:

Faulting application name: NvStreamUserAgent.exe, version: 7.1.2071.1338, time stamp: 0x5726e1d3 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571af2eb Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000002e909 Faulting process ID: 0x2eb8 Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ab42563e84e5 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamUserAgent.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report ID: 60f4acee-7366-4535-b87a-6870b161075a Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

I seen this error only after power outage, after booting pc in event viewer. Never more.

Also i have found topics about NvStreamUserAgent.exe

Can you explain me in three situations why they had NvStreamUserAgent errors too? ( They pc's restarted too but during hardware,pc problems ) . In 3 links, nvstreamuseragent.exe. But in my situation NvStreamUserAgent error was due to power outage.
Is this because nvstreamuseragent.exe dont like unexpected shutdowns? Please explain , thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I suspect a corruption has occurred - most likely because something in the program was being changed (written to disk) as the crash occurred.
I would suggest that you:

- download a fresh copy of the latest, W10 compatible version of the nVidia software

- uninstall the current version of the nVidia software from Control Panel...Programs and Features

- install the freshly downloaded nVidia software

- monitor for further problems.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

Can you listen? 

Link please read ok?

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93228-computer-crash-since-05101/

So OP from link was thinking that hes issue was related to nvstreamuseragent.exe

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamUserAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NvStreamUserAgent.exe
Application Version: 7.1.2084.9592
Application Timestamp: 57605c64
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23455
Fault Module Timestamp: 573a54b7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000004d7f6
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c148
Additional Information 2: c148689fe8ae907a16bb390e0ea5ab37
Additional Information 3: c07d
Additional Information 4: c07dadcb60cb1bcece589760cb6a000e

He said:

" Intermittently, when my Port appears on the screen or I begin a game, the computer completely shuts down and re-boots. "

but this error was only because of not incorrect shutdown?

He's computer crashed due to hardware fault, and he get the same nvuseragenterror.exe in event logs. 

My computer restarted due to power outage and i get the same error .

Can you explain me this?

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

I am listening.  FYI - this sort of comment is very offensive (I presume that English is not your native language).

I have read the page at that link.  I am trying to help, but there are limits to what I can do.

I usually work with errors  that happen in the kernel space - not in the user space (which is where these errors occur).

As such, I'm not real comfortable with these errors and my abilities to repair them are very limited.

This error states that the problem occurred in ntdll.dll (a low-level, critical Windows component) and was due to an access error (the c0000005 status).

Critical Windows components are protected by several different mechanisms and aren't likely to be a problem because of this.

The possibilities are that Windows has a problem (not likely if the system is fully updated), that there's a problem with the nVidia software, that there's a problem with other software that interfaces with the nVidia software, or there's a hardware problem.

Updating Windows and uninstalling/reinstalling the nVidia stuff is the most likely way to start trying to fix this.

You can also run diagnostics on the hardware (there are several free video diagnostics here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html )

You can run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW or even use DISM - but I'm not able to read those logs

As for other software that may not be behaving properly - I'd think that you can run Application Verifier (and it might also work with the nVidia software), but I've never used it and don't know how to make it work properly in your situations..

If you'd like more advanced help with video programs such as this, I'd suggest posting in our Internal Hardware forums or in the nVidia support forums.

Good luck to you!

Edited by usasma, 05 January 2017 - 06:01 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 sew333

sew333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

He's computer crashed due to hardware fault, and he get the same nvuseragenterror.exe in event logs. 

My computer restarted due to power outage and i get the same error .

Can you explain me this?

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93228-computer-crash-since-05101/

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamUserAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NvStreamUserAgent.exe
Application Version: 7.1.2084.9592
Application Timestamp: 57605c64
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Edited by sew333, 07 January 2017 - 04:44 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

You will have to study much more about how the operating system works.

In this case, the hardware fault did something (I don't know what, but suspect an issue with the video card) to crash the program.

In your case, I assume that the power outage caused damage to the file.

It's possible that the 2 different errors damaged something similar in each case.

But that is way beyond my ability to describe.

I'd suggest posting over at the nVidia forums for some more expert assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users