Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

convert MP4 to DVD and tried to change my

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Juliasdream

Juliasdream

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hi.

I have MP4 files which I'd like to convert and burn to DVD so that they are readable on standard DVD players

Could someone please recommend a converter and burning program

I tried Freemake but firstly it came with a virus

My AV cleared the virus but then the installation came with bloatware and tried to overwrite my browser's search engine

After jumping those hurdles I tried using it and it wouldn't recognize a brand new blank DVD as being empty

Needless to say I uninstalled it and don't recommend it

So I'm still looking

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Edited by Juliasdream, 04 January 2017 - 11:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juliasdream

Juliasdream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Seems no one knows.

In case it's of use to anyone with the same needs I did a search for converting MP4 to VOB and found this:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/1378964/MP4-To-VOB-Converter

Its free

#3 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for your post, Juliasdream. By coincidence, I have been having similar difficulties.

I now have a new Windows 10 computer and had difficulties burning DVDs which would play on a standard DVD player > TV. Obviously simply mailing a DVD is a practical way of sharing home videos with family and friends.  WinX DVD Author is free and I found it to be a useful tool for this purpose.

https://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-author/

Cheers  :)

#4 zoyasikdh3r

zoyasikdh3r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hi.

I have MP4 files which I'd like to convert and burn to DVD so that they are readable on standard DVD players

Could someone please recommend a converter and burning program

I tried Freemake but firstly it came with a virus

My AV cleared the virus but then the installation came with bloatware and tried to overwrite my browser's search engine

After jumping those hurdles I tried using it and it wouldn't recognize a brand new blank DVD as being empty

Needless to say I uninstalled it and don't recommend it

So I'm still looking

Appreciate any help

Thanks

you may choose from several websites available in the web. Website like zamzar or Convert.world can do this in a speedy manner. My fav. is Convert.world. It has such a great interface and does the job in No Time. Website URL: https://convert.world

#5 blingblingbling

blingblingbling

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

You'd better use a DVD burner to burn the videos to DVD if you want the standard DVD player to read the file. If you use a converter tool, it will only convert the file to data dvd which only can be played on a computer. You have to make the file to a video dvd. You can click the url below to know the difference between data dvd and video dvd.

http://blog.mitchcommgroup.com/tyson-banks/what-is-the-difference-between-a-video-dvd-and-a-data-dvd

You can convert the file to DVD supported file at first and then use a burner tool to burn the converted file. 

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for your post, Juliasdream. By coincidence, I have been having similar difficulties.

I now have a new Windows 10 computer and had difficulties burning DVDs which would play on a standard DVD player > TV. Obviously simply mailing a DVD is a practical way of sharing home videos with family and friends.  WinX DVD Author is free and I found it to be a useful tool for this purpose.

https://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-author/

Cheers  :)

This is the 21st Century.  Mailing a DVD to someone is sooo 20th Century. Use the cloud, it is quicker, easier, cheaper, uses less precious natural resources, and is a whole lot more politically correct.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users