Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faulty router or internet provider ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AndriusBO

AndriusBO

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

Hey guys, you are my only hope, i'm really mad since my work is from home and requirest constant and clear internet connection, and and i get lags once in short durations, i have 10mbs, and would like to know is this my pc who is going crazy or internet provider. i try to ping different sites, and even my router. The REQUEST TIME OUT is the same as for router and other sites. is there any possible way this can be solved? Many many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Let me guess, win10 ?

Only asking cus it seems meny have this problem in win10 and i don't know as yet whats doing it only more and more keep showing up with win10 that have this problem.

#3 AndriusBO

AndriusBO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:19 AM

Nop win 8.1 enterprise :D

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

What kind of internet setup did you say you have "adsl,cable,satellite,other" ?

We talking wifi or wire, if wire you could replace the wire and or make shore everything plugged in right, maybe change spots were the wire is plugged in to the router, sometimes its that simple.

Got to start with the simple things first before moving on to other things and you haven't said if you tried anything yet i mean besides some pings.

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

No data provided.

Please supply the following:

make and model router

internet provider

down/up speeds your isp is selling/telling you that you have