Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nis 2006 / Problems After Hard Drive Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GeorgiaIceCream

GeorgiaIceCream

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:39 AM

I upgraded a friends C: drive by cloning it to a new larger capacity drive using Western Digital software. System uses XP Pro SP2 and both old and new drives were Western Digital.

After the drive swap, everything with the exception of the AV component of Norton Internet Security 2006 worked fine. The AV component just disappeared. Got a popup for "Error 10,16386 No such interface supported" and a link to click to go to Symantec website. Link had some try-this which didn't work.

Next I used XP's Add/Remove Programs to attempt to uninstall NIS2006. This appeared to work. On attempting a re-install, I got Error:"9999,175 Unable to find setup related files" when installing your 2006 Symantec program. A link was also offered to the Symantec website.

Now for the good part, this link - which must be executed using Internet Explorer to work - gives you the option to download and execute a program to uninstall ALL your Norton products. IOW, everything Symantec gets uninstalled - NIS2006, Ghost any other utilities. You must then reinstall everything.

The message here is that if you upgrade/change your boot drive under XP and you have Norton Internet Security 2006 installed, you better have access to all the stuff you need to reinstall everything Symantec after the upgrade/change.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users