Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons relocate between 2 screens randomly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Msradell

Msradell

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my home laptop. I've got 2 monitors setup, the one on the laptop and 22" Acer using HDMI output.

Since 1 is set as the primary, I have the system tray on that monitor, in keeping with normal Windows conventions, I like to have all my icons on my primary monitor. For some reason, seemingly at random, normally when the system goes to sleep, Windows will move all my desktop icons to the other monitor.

I can manually pull the icons back to my primary, but it's a little frustrating and I have to believe that it's easily fixable if the causes found.

The laptop is a Sager with a i7-6700, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HD. I've had it happened using both the Intel graphics on the processor as well as the external Nvidia 960 video card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users