Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New monitor "No HDMI Input" when streaming from specific services

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 quantum_x

quantum_x

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

Hey all! First time poster here. I'll list my specs below, under problem description.

Issue: So I just recently purchased a new WQHD Asus monitor. So far, I"m loving it, the crispness and increase in screen real estate is incredible and makes tasks much easier when programming and such. I have however run into a single issue thus far. Pretty much, whenever I click the play button on an Amazon Prime or Netflix video, the video begins to load with the loading circle and then just as it finishes the initial buffer, the monitor goes blank with a message saying "No HDMI input." This is very irritating as the only way to fix it is by unplugging the HDMI cord and plugging it back into my laptop. This sometimes takes multiple tries before the image comes back up. If there is no video on the screen, it usually just takes one try to get the image back onto the monitor. Videos load up flawlessly with Toonova or YouTube. This only seems to happen on the two streaming services mentioned above (haven't tried on Hulu). I digress, no "display driver not responding" message or anything of the sort. Oh, also, monitor has no issues on any other computer I've tested it on, including similar laptops. Have tried reinstalling display drivers too. I can provide any more information if needed. Any solution or insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

System Specifications:

Laptop: Inspiron 5559

Processor: Intel Core i3-6100U (2.3Ghz x 4)

Memory: 8192 MB RAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520

Monitor: Asus PB277Q WQHD 2560x1440 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You say that you've tried reinstalling the display drivers, are you using the most recently released drivers from Dell?

Have you tried using a different web browser to stream?

Edited by Kilroy, 04 January 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#3 quantum_x

quantum_x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

Yes, I updated my drivers to the latest Dell drivers through Dell Update. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling through the intel driver updater but it seemed to install an older driver so I uninstalled it, installed the latest windows driver and then updated it with dell updater. I have tried streaming through IE, same issue. I also reinstalled Silverlight as I had read somewhere that people sometimes run into issues with that. Thanks for the reply by the way. This is on Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) - forgot to mention this before.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

How long have you let it set when the screen goes black?  What is the primary browser you've been using?

#5 quantum_x

quantum_x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

If I let the screen sit: screen goes black then goes to a blue screen with a small black box with the text "No HDMI Input". Repeats this cycle indefinitely as far as I can tell. Left it on for 10-15 minutes. I've been using Google Chrome. I also tried setting my resolution to 1920x1080 and streaming a video in an attempt to isolate the issue to 2560 x 1440 but the problem persisted. Odd that this only happens with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

Here is a Netflix troubleshooting page regarding this issue.  Here is another article.

#7 quantum_x

quantum_x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

So I had actually looked through those articles previously. I had tried reinstalling Silverlight like the webpages had said to no avail. I actually ended up downloading Mozilla Firefox to give that a try and it still did not work, even after following the steps. At this point, I'm considering a fresh install of Windows 10 if no other solutions appear though that would be a hassle to me. Wanted to note that the videos do play, I can hear the sound through my speakers which I have plugged into the aux port but the monitor turns off and searches for input even though there is an HDMI input. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users