Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC is connected through ethernet, but it won't actually use the internet.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian1010

Adrian1010

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

FIXED! IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM HEAD OVER TO https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653! FOLLOW THE THREE NETSH COMMANDS!

I'm using windows 10, that's the only thing that matters. I called windows support and they offered to make me pay $150 FOR MY PROBLEM! I've used ethernet through my macbook pro (tethered through wifi) and my router itself and none of my applications are connecting to the internet DESPITE it saying my ethernet is connected. My smart tv, phone, tablet, laptop, and my family member's devices are all connected to the network, so it is not a network problem, it has to be something with the PC. I uninstalled all anti viruses and the problem still persists. The problems appeared after I turned off a vpn, but the vpn was working through the application and it wasn't set up through the network settings. Network Diagnostics is even telling me that my PC is correctly configured and microsoft.com is down, but it says this about steam, origin, minecraft, and chrome and youtube! I'm at lost here, and reddit can only help me because I'm so confused what's going on. I haven't messed with my firewall but I doubt thats the problem since I never touched it in the first place! Im desperate for help, if I can't be helped please redirect me to a subreddit or forum that can help me. /r/windows10 did not help

reposted from reddit, i really need some help guys and i'm frustrated with microsoft.

Edited by Adrian1010, 03 January 2017 - 08:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adrian1010

Adrian1010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hello can anyone help me???

#3 Adrian1010

Adrian1010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

FIXED! IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM HEAD OVER TO https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653! FOLLOW THE THREE NETSH COMMANDS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users