Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't print from my browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nonnox15

nonnox15

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

My laptop has stopped printing from my browser.

I can print a test page from my laptop, but when I try to print from my browser I get a window that says "An error occurred while printing."

Can't figure out why it won't won't print anything from the websites.

I use Firefox and can't print from Opera as well.

I tried to update my printer: Epson WF-3520.  The update will go through the proocess.  Says the update was complete.  But still shows the update needed.  I tried several times with same result.

Went to the Epson website.  Downloaded the Driver/Software package.  I installed that.

I still have the same problem

I have tried System Restore and still have the same problem.

When selecting print, the printer window comes up.  When I try to select the Properties window, nothing happens.

When I select print, i still get the window that says "An error occurred while printing.

Edited by nonnox15, 03 January 2017 - 11:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,643 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

Try the following. Uninstall all your Epson drivers and Software in Control Panel.

Open Devices and Printers. Click on the XPS printer. In the menu bar you should see Print Server Properties. Click the Drivers tab and Remove anything Epson.

Pull the power from the printer and detach the USB cable. Reboot the computer. Reinstall your printer drivers and follow any instructions. The printer may need to be on and connected.

#3 nonnox15

nonnox15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the reply.

However, all of a sudden my laptop began to print again.

Not sure exactly what I did, but it is working.

Thank you again for the advice.

I'll keep this in mind if it happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users