Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xfinity hotspot how do i get my pc to pick up better signal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Winniedavis

Winniedavis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:08 AM

Sometimes xfininity hotspot is stronger than others. Is there some type of configuration i can do to keep it more steady and strong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

It depends on what is causing the signal to be strong/weak. One thing you can do is scan with a network scanner like inSSIDer or Wifi Analyzer. What hardware and operating system are you using? If there are multiple access points, you might be able to configure your device to prefer the closest connection. However, if there is only one public wifi AP, and the signal from it weakens, then likly that is caused by interference. Since you don't control the AP, there isn't much you can do to fix that except get a larger wireless antenna. Last, if you mean Xfinity Wifi is stronger in some places over others, then that probably has to do with how many Xfinity APs are in that area and how close you are to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users