Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot problem

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lemi84

Lemi84

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Hi good night i have a HP laptop that cames with windows 7 so i try to install windows 8 pro on my pc but when i try to boot from the windows 8 cd a window appear and that window don't let me do anything is cmd.exe windows that said microsoft windows(6.2.900) x:\windows\system32> hopefully you guys can help me out i can't use mi computer i need help soon thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD is the first device in the boot order and the hdd/ssd is the second device?

Where did you get the installation media for Windows 8/8.1

Is this media the same version of Windows that you currently have installed.  Example: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, or Window 7 Home 32-bit?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

Yes the version of windows is a 32 bit version and the set the bios that way the cd/dvd on first and hdd on second but that cmd windows don't let me install a new copy of windows

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

You don't install Windows from the Elevated Command Prompt, if this is what you are referring to as cmd.

You set the boot order for which ever type of installation media you are going to use (flash drive or DVD), place the media in either the USB port of the optical drive, restart the computer and you should receive the message telling you to press any key to continue...  The installation should start from there.

The operating system you are using in a 32-bit version, but is it the same version of Windows that you have install now, Home, Pro, Ultimate, etc.?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Is pro version

#6 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

The same

#7 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

I try again to format my pc with a original windows 8 cd and again the windows administrator cmd appear and don't let me format my pc

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

If you have changed the boot order in the BIOS as suggested you should see a message after you restart the computer telling you to press any key to continue the installation.  Are you seeing this?

What are you referring to as the administrator cmd, the command prompt?

Does the image look similar to the one below?

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

#9 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

Yes sir is the same image

#10 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

How can i continue after that? i am stock with that command prompt window

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

When you changed the boot order did you press F10 to save the changes you made in the BIOS?

You didn't answer two of my questions in post #2.

Where did you get the installation media for Windows 8?

Is the Windows 8 installation media the same version as your Windows 7?

In addition to these questions please answer the following.

Do you have a valid product cope for the Windows 8 installation?

Did you run the Windows 8 Upgrade Advisor before trying to install Windows 8?

#12 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

The instalion cd is a original windows 8 pro cd and i have a original serial key for this cd the only thing i don't do was running the upgrade advisor

#13 Lemi84

Lemi84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

Now i can't do that

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Now i can't do that

Can't do what?

I'm assuming that since you plan on installing Widnows 8 as a fresh install, not a upgrade, that you have all of you important data backed up to either removable media, (like an external hdd, a flash drive or a web storage host like Cloud).

If you have done this I would suggest using a program like DriveWipe to overwrite the entire hdd which will provide you with a clean drive to make your installation.  After you have done this just install the operating system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users