Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - any clue?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

I have XP Professional n this Desktop and all of a sudden when I went in the other room I came back to this.  I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it and will be switching over to it hopefully soon but I want to get some thing from this desktop first.

Anyone able to help be get this back up and running?  Thanks a lot.

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.doc   220.5KB   9 downloads

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 02 January 2017 - 05:04 PM.
Moved from Win XP to Win crashes, BSODs etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

We talking conic blue screens all the time on the computer your talking about or did it just happened once out of the blue ?

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

just once out of the blue.  It was the other day so I just shut down and waited till today to boot up again with my fingers crossed but it popped up again instead of booting up.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

So windows is now bonked and doesn't work anymore on the computer in question ?

#5 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

I guess!    Can you suggest anything to try to check

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:06 AM

Ya just wait for a log viewer pro to show up to help ya, though for him/her to do their job they will need a working computer for the most part, my self looking at log files isn't my strong side.

Some weeks my computer BSOD like 3~4 times in a week,some weeks none.

Had it happen a feu times in a day too sometimes, my computer just doesn't like it when i do some things with it, i don't think much of it my self and back in the win98 days i use to BSOD like 10 times a day, win95~98 was really bad on that topic.

If were talking just one crash and the computers ok i wouldn't lose sleep over it but if you just want to know why it happened just because that's ok too but you will have to wait for the log viewer pros for that.

As you wait if you want you can take a look at your event viewer in windows, might shed some light on what happened.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766401(v=ws.11).aspx

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

From my research, the c000026c status code means that the system couldn't load a device driver.

This could be because of many different reasons.

I would start with trying to backup your files using a free bootable tool such as the Ultimate Boot CD:  http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Copy the data to a removeable drive.  More info on backups can be had in the Backup forum located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

Once that's done, start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If all of them pass, then you're looking at XP repairs.

I'd post over in the XP forums for more expert assistance in that case.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Luckily, all my files are backed up ad safe and sound!   This issue is - how do I get to  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html if all I can get to is the BSOD??  I don't know how to get past that screen.

Edited by judyjht, 05 January 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

If you have a new laptop, and you've backed up your stuff - why do you need to get into this one?

I'm just asking so you will ask yourself - I don't need an answer to that question, I'll just continue to try and help.

Technically, the BSOD cannot occur before Windows starts loading, but I'm uncertain about the BSOD that your screenshot shows.

If that is the case, you should be able to get to the boot menu in the BIOS before that.

Then you can use that to boot to the diagnostic media.

What is the make/model of the system?

If it's a custom build, what is the make/model of the motherboard

Different systems have different keys to press to get to the boot menu.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

I guess I am anal about my stuff so I would love to get it going for awhile anyway.  I eventually want to delete the Drives so no one can get my info.When I turn it on it does try to open then goes to the BSOD.

It is a custom.  Motherboard is Gigibyte Technology LTD P35-DS3L. It is F8 I use.  I see the screen that I have to pick safe mode, start windows normally etc so where do I go from there?  I tried Safe Mode and it took me to the blue screen again. I also tried Start windows normally and it did the same thing.

Thanks so much  -  Maybe give me a  couple of things to try in case they don't work.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

Most posts refer to F12 or Del as the keys to hold down to access the boot menu

Some motherboards disable this in the BIOS - so you may have to go into the BIOS and see if there's a setting for this.

Hopefully I'll have a Gigabyte board at work and can check it later today.

Good luck!

#12 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Well, I guess this means that you have no ideas for me to get his going again??  Just curious.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

Sorry for the delay - sometimes life interferes with my internet time :(

Still haven't gotten a Gigabyte board into the shop so I can check.

What version is your Gigibyte Technology LTD P35-DS3L motherboard.

I see there's at least a rev1.0 and a rev2.0

For the rev2.0, this is how to get into the BIOS and access the Boot Menu:

Function Keys:

-    <TAB> : POST Screen Press the <Tab> key to show the BIOS POST screen. To show the BIOS POST screen at system startup, refer to the instructions on the Full Screen LOGO Show item on page 38.

-    <DEL> : BIOS Setup/Q-Flash Press the <Delete> key to enter BIOS Setup or to access the Q-Flash utility in BIOS Setup.

-    <F9> : Xpress Recovery2 If you have ever entered Xpress Recovery2 to back up hard drive data using the motherboard driver disk, the <F9> key can be used for subsequent access to XpressRecovery2 during the POST. For more information, refer to Chapter 4, "Xpress Recovery2."

-    <F12> : Boot Menu Boot Menu allows you to set the first boot device without entering BIOS Setup. In Boot Menu, use the up arrow key < > or the down arrow key< > to select the first boot device, then press <Enter> to accept. To exit Boot Menu, press <Esc>. The system will directly boot from the device configured in Boot Menu. Note: The setting in Boot Menu is effective for one time only. After system restart, the device boot order will still be based on BIOS Setup settings. You can access Boot Menu again to change the first boot device setting as needed.

-    <End> : Q-Flash Press the <End> key to access the Q-Flash utility directly without having to enter BIOS Setup first.

Manual downloaded from here:  http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2629#manual

As this is a BIOS board (and not a UEFI), you should be able to boot to recovery media by tapping the F12 key as the system starts to boot.

You can also use the Del key to enter the BIOS and change the first boot device to the removeable media of your choice.

#14 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

It is Gigibyte Technology LTD P35-DS3L motherboard, Bus Clock: 333 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software, International F8 07/10/08.  So, it is 9 years old, so I would assume it is Rev 01.

Believe it or not - I also still have the receipt and this is what it says:

GA-P35 -DSL motherboard (Intel Socket T LGA775, P35 Express, ATX, 8GB DDR, 1333 MHz FSB) SN: 081540095635

So, this is what you want me to do?  

<F12> : Boot Menu Boot Menu allows you to set the first boot device without entering BIOS Setup. In Boot Menu, use the up arrow key < > or the down arrow key< > to select the first boot device, then press <Enter> to accept. To exit Boot Menu, press <Esc>. The system will directly boot from the device configured in Boot Menu. Note: The setting in Boot Menu is effective for one time only. After system restart, the device boot order will still be based on BIOS Setup settings. You can access Boot Menu again to change the first boot device setting as needed.

Am I doing this too? You can also use the Del key to enter the BIOS and change the first boot device to the removeable media of your choice.  What would that be - The thumb Drive?

Thanks so much for trying to help me.

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

No, just the F12 key.  Use that to boot to the bootable diagnostics.

Then be sure to run the rest of the diagnostics also.

Please see the PM that I sent you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users