Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to waterproof timestamp blog posts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 3rockpeople

3rockpeople

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:30 AM

I enjoy writing blogs and I want to keep them on private so that no one can read it. However, I might change my mind in the future and wish to share the posts with others.

Is there a way to be able to proof in the future that I wrote the blog posts on the date which I posted them (i.e. today)? Because I know you can edit a blog post in the future, without having the date changed. However, is there a waterproof way to proof that I did not edit it or post it on a different date than it says on my blog?

I was thinking of using bandicam to record the screen while showing the blog post, then post in on youtube. But, here is the thing I might decide in the future that I don't want to share these posts with anyone, but let's say, if I become the king of the world and people decided to hack me to find these blogs, would they be able to find it? Also, does posting them on youtube while putting them on private, make it possible for people, or youtube employees to be able to watch it etc?

Basically, I might not want anyone to read it in the future, cause I might go a whole different road and decide to live a life of anonimity. But, in case I don't, and decide to share my blog posts with others, is there a way to proof that I wrote them today?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users