Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help, no Display Showing on Screen and gpu fan not Spinning on Startup?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stevenlesays

Stevenlesays

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

Hey so here are my pc specs listed
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC
RAM: GSKILLS RIPJAWS 4X2 8GB RAM
PSU: EVGA 500W Certified
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

So basically to make this clear and understandable me and my friend were building a gaming pc for my friend. So right when we plugged all the usb like keyboard, mouse, OS install usb, DVI Port, then turned on the computer, there was no signal on the monitor and realized that the graphics card fan wasn't even spinning. I tried CMOS and taking the CMOS Battery out as well too. Switch ram slots to different ones, removed gpu and reseated it. Like all other fans were spinning like the AMD CPU Fan and Case fan were totally fine. So please can someone help me troubleshoot this problem since I will come back to my friends house to fix the computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

GPU may DOA , but probably not.

1/ Remove the GPU and use the Onboard Graphics and see if it Posts.

2/ Try 1 Stick of Ram { Per Manual Instructions - Slot ? }

3/ Check all Connections for correct positions as per Manual.

If it Posts then Shutdown and reinsert the GPU { Carefully ! } and enter Bios and Select - 

Disable Onboard / and use GPU and test again.

Some Mobos will Auto detect the GPU if installed , but i havent read the Manual , so follow the instructions from the Manual in Bios settings for GPU.

#3 Stevenlesays

Stevenlesays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

GPU may DOA , but probably not.

1/ Remove the GPU and use the Onboard Graphics and see if it Posts.

2/ Try 1 Stick of Ram { Per Manual Instructions - Slot ? }

3/ Check all Connections for correct positions as per Manual.

If it Posts then Shutdown and reinsert the GPU { Carefully ! } and enter Bios and Select - 

Disable Onboard / and use GPU and test again.

Some Mobos will Auto detect the GPU if installed , but i havent read the Manual , so follow the instructions from the Manual in Bios settings for GPU.

Ill let you know if it goes good tommorow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users