Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MBAM GUI won't open and can't find Chameleon. Slow win10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Redfruit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

HI, I'm new here, my mom computer is kinda slow and programs are often not responding. Plus, recently intalled MBAM 3 and the interface won't open and I can't update it.

ASUS X55U Windows 10 x64 ver. 1511

AMD E2 - 1800 @1.7GHz dual core

500GB harddrive

E2 VISION Radeon HD 7340

java 1.8.0_101

I ran rkill twice, first time I got some incorect path for service but then I lost the original log, the second time rkill dont report anything. I ran some of popular analyser so I can give you right away.

mbam checker http://pastebin.com/kH5WXfFC

FSRT started from desktop http://pastebin.com/PJjJ9fA4

Hijackthis http://pastebin.com/QYdrVabv

A couple of days ago I ran adwcleaner and I got like 3 threats related to chrome browser, so I let adwcleaner remove them.

I don't know what to do to make MBAM works. I dont know why, but I can't find Chameleon anywhere. I used Everything programs to search chameleon but I found nothing.

[EDIT] spelling corrections.

[EDIT] added Hijackthis report

Edited by hamluis, 02 January 2017 - 11:37 AM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Malware Removal Logs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,390 posts
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.

Please in your next reply post the FRST and Addition.txt files in this topic I will review them and get back to you.

HijackThis is no longer supported and not ready for your Operating system.
I suggest your remove via the Control panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
Use the Farbar tool from now on to report problems.

#3 Redfruit

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

You can close this post. I had to traval far away, so I just reset her Windows and installed MBAM and now it's working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users