Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intel ich7 hd audio with unknown codec

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

i bought a new laptop, it is a dell latitude d820 with a intel core duo, windows 8.1 and 2gbs ram, i ran a dell 32-bit diagnostics{ the cd provided }and it found the sound card but i get: 1b8:0268 a timeout occurred while waiting for the audio controller to generate a interrupt...is it a mobo thing if so can u tell me how to fix it or if it is somthing that an IT has to do, or if i can do it at home and save some money

Thanks

DaveJoBot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

And sound card is not working on Windows?

#3 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

it finds the system device,but no sound card the microsoft muaa controller but no ich7 hd audio

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Check that it's enabled on BIOS.

#5 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

the bios on dell computers don't have the option, even so it's not disabled

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

That sounds like motherboard/chipset problem. If it is, then you cannot easily fix it. External sound card might be an option if you need audio.

#7 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

there are four cpu-like chips on the board: the cpu>video>and a two that i'm not sure on, it looks like a processor,...could it be the sound card or the chipset, if sound card than can i replace rather than buying a new motherboard? or chipset i'll try to get a picture on the mobo under the palmrestdell-d820-2-motherboard1.jpg.

Edited by DaveJoBot, 03 January 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#8 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,453 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:04 AM

You'll need very good soldering skills to even try replacing faulty chips. Even you are very skilled, it may be impossible. Laptops just aren't made to be repairable. Usually when something is broken on laptop motherboard, whole motherboard is changed.

#9 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

i thank you for the help, i'll try to find a working mobo online, found a couple online on ebay

i thank you for the help, i'll try to find a working mobo online and ask a lot of questions, found a couple online on ebay

i thank you for the help, i'll try to find a working mobo online and ask a lot of questions, found a couple online on ebay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users