Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

weird issue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ron316

ron316

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

im having this issue when i i download a program or a file this is the size of the box i get  i have a msi gt73 vr tiatn pro 4k Attached File  20170101_184225.jpg   92.92KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Be sure to have a read HERE  about driverassist. ( i know this is not your issue...I am still researching the issue of the  enlarged download notification)

if this issue is only happening with the download of driver assist.....then that may well be the cause !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

I am quite sure that is from the driverassist people.

Are you aware that you have to PAY to get the functions of that program ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

no

#5 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

no driver assist program

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

read the fine print...

xpsuao.jpg

In most cases you are better off leaving the drivers alone in windows 10....Providing everything is working ok

If everything is working ok.. then the page below will show you how to turn off driver updates from Microsoft....this will allow the hardware on your PC to continue functioning nicely. Sometimes a driver update from Msft will screw with the way your hardware works....and generally make life a bit hard for you !

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

I think perhaps you need to explain the situation a little more clearly

GcnI1aH.jpg

#8 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

ok let say i open mini partition tool the words and the box is so small you can bealy see it the words.if i open google chrome the box opens 3inches by 2 inches the words are always small in the boxes.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Reset Chrome

HERES HOW

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

Did that same thing

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,131 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

Are any other font sizes, or search boxes altered in size ?....anywhere on the system...?

Edit to add :....is that page pic in your first post from the chrome browser...?......or Microsoft Edge...?

Edited by Condobloke, 02 January 2017 - 12:23 AM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users