Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wierd buzzing noise under load, not the fan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 filuslolol

filuslolol

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

So, whenever I'm playing a game on my ASUS, it does this wierd buzzing noise, only happens during gaming, and I have confirmed, it's not the fan or the hard drive. Coming from the left side. Is this normal? It's running about 85C average during gaming, which is concidered normal for this laptop. it's only a week old

specs:

Intel core i7-6700HQ

GTX GeForce 970m

8gb ram

128gb ssd

1tb hdd

UPDATE: sometimes during gaming the buzzing stops and the FPS drops to 20 from 80 for a few seconds, before coming back with the buzzing

Edited by filuslolol, 01 January 2017 - 03:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 filuslolol

filuslolol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:30 PM

apparently this issue could be coil whine, but im not sure about that

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

The coils in the power supply could be loose and vibrating.  I've also seen loose panels on power supplies and cases that rattled and buzzed.  I don't recommend anyone go inside a power supply.

#4 Luxi_Terna

Luxi_Terna

• Banned Spammer
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

The bearing jn a fan is about to sieze. When you here the buzz, stop the blades with a  with something to see if it is the fan after all.

Even ball-bearings wear out after 3 or 4 years if it's on all the time.  I have 5 radiator bays in push-pull. (10 fans). One by one, they make noise for about a week, the noise gets much louder, then suddenly stops.

#5 filuslolol

filuslolol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

The bearing jn a fan is about to sieze. When you here the buzz, stop the blades with a  with something to see if it is the fan after all.

Even ball-bearings wear out after 3 or 4 years if it's on all the time.  I have 5 radiator bays in push-pull. (10 fans). One by one, they make noise for about a week, the noise gets much louder, then suddenly stops.

i already said, its not the fans

#6 filuslolol

filuslolol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:20 PM

dont reply to this topic anymore

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

???

OK...topic closed.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 January 2017 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users