Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laggy Mouse Movements

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

I have no idea if this is the correct category to post this kind of question, but here:

I have a laptop that I currently use for rendering Models (They can vary in size) and the program is Blender. Here is the issue; whenever I use Blender to render any of my models 2 things can happen:

• Rendering with my GPU = Heavy Mouse Movement Lag in Desktop/Normal Mouse Movement when in programs or Taskbar
  • Rendering with my CPU = Heavy Mouse Movement Lag in programs and Taskbar/ Normal Mouse Movements in Desktop (But there are times when the CPU issue will not occur)

This happens even if either the Power Adapter is plugged in or not. GPU Drivers are both up to date but I'm not sure what other drivers to update aswell.

NOTE: My other laptop that I used to produce my renders does not exhibit this behavior

Laptop is an MSI GT83VR 6RE Titan SLI (Dual GTX 1070s)

Could there be a way to stop the mouse movement lag from occuring? Or is it fixable by reverting to factory settings?

PS: I also noticed that whenever I manually minimize a program through the minimize button, the cursor will suffer from lag whenever its on the desktop, but pressing Win+D will not trigger the mouse lag on the desktop

Edited by Andre_Castillo14, 01 January 2017 - 10:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Got an idea whats going on but we have to do a test first to check something.

Ps USB hardware once long ago was mostly based in software not hardware.

k download this plz.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

Next open up the app and click on the top right, the little boxs, it will open up a menu, go to the CPU tab and click on show on graph per cpu.

next lunch the app you like using that the mouse gets lagy with processexplorer runing in the backgound on the cpu tab, stay in your app for 2 min then pop out and take a screen shot of the cpu use by pressing the print key on your keybord, next open up mx-panit and paste the desktop image in their.

Edit image as you see fit, i only want to see cpu use.

Save image in jpeg format when done in a place and name you know of and were to find it.

last you can upload the image to here to be able to link to it on this forum.

http://postimage.org/

#3 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

I actually tried this method a few days ago. The graph does not show anything unusual, as the only time the issue occurs is when Blender is rendering models on GPU Compute with my Dual 1070s. Initially I thought the GPUs were taking in too much power from both Battery and Power Adapters until I noticed something which I typed below.

http://imgur.com/a/NiOrY

I also noticed that whenever I manually minimize a program through the minimize button, the cursor will suffer from lag whenever its on the desktop, but pressing Win+D will not trigger the mouse lag on the desktop

If this info could help: MSI Afterburner shows both GPU's usage at 99%

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Was just wondering about the the CPU usage because last i checked USB is more based on software then hardware, the driver for USB or use to be was mostly a hardware emulator and if you push hard on the system USB bombs, i have a old mobo that has USB on it and can run on a Pentium 75mgz if needed and on that system with say a 300mgz cpu and a USB mouse if you push on the cpu you zap the USB, was wondering if something like was going on with your system, laptops tend to cut corners when it comes to hardware too.

Btw i can't see anything from your link, you should know my browser is more locked down then most and i have no flash player.

Ps nice laptop.

#5 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:46 AM

Mod Edit:  Please...use the Reply button to post, not the Quote button.  Thank you. - Hamluis.

Sorry for the late reply, Family events had me locked down from computers for the past week.

https://postimg.org/image/pwljb5dcn/

Also I have another question: Norton Antivirus always tells me that my laptop could possibly be vulnerable if I leave it off for a few days. The Program does download updates but isn't it suspicious to always alert me everytime I boot it up every 5 days?

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#6 Andre_Castillo14

Andre_Castillo14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:49 AM

Btw i can't see anything from your link, you should know my browser is more locked down then most and i have no flash player.

I just checked and the photo in imgur completely disappeared. I have no clue how it happened but I posted it now in Postimage.org

#7 Tooqules

Tooqules

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Is it possible that you're not using enough ram (or that some of its gone bad)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users