Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KB3033929 and Logitech Gaming Software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnopropla

johnopropla

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:57 AM

hello peeps,

So I own Windows 7 premium x64, but I have no updates installed, I bought steering wheel Logitech G29, but in order to play with it I need Logitech gaming software installed which requires security update KB3033929 installed, can I simply install KB3033929 with out installing any other updates? Or what is required to install the security update KB3033929? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

you can !

Enjoy :bounce:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3033929

#3 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hi:

hello peeps,

So I own Windows 7 premium x64, but I have no updates installed, I bought steering wheel Logitech G29, but in order to play with it I need Logitech gaming software installed which requires security update KB3033929 installed, can I simply install KB3033929 with out installing any other updates? Or what is required to install the security update KB3033929? Thanks

(emphasis mine)

Just curious: why have you not installed at least critical and important security updates for your Win7 installation?

Running an older OS such as Win7 without security patches is a wide-open invitation for malware infection and the negative consequences thereof.

If you are gaming and using torrents or other P2P software, you are very likely to become infected sooner or later.

Do you need help with Windows Updates, as many Win7 users have experienced in recent months?

Thanks,

MM

#4 johnopropla

johnopropla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

Yes I want to make sure just about the security update KB3033929,and do I need anything else to install to make KB3033929 work?

#5 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Hi:

Well, there's not much point in installing just that one patch.

It may have prerequisites.

If so, then you may not be able to install it until those prerequisites are in place.

And, without the remaining critical and important security patches, your system will be overly vulnerable to malware.

I'll defer to others for further advice.

Also, it looks as if there was some additional advice provided in your identical topic at the other forum?

Good luck, :)

MM

#6 johnopropla

johnopropla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

I need that one patch actually because it's required by LOGITECH GAMING SOFTWARE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users