Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 BSOD

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alexmark

alexmark

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

I had started getting BSOD's on the 23rd just after buying (http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse) the first time i got the bsod i had fixed it by uninstalling the driver for the  mouse then my computer worked fine for the next two days.
after those two days i had gotten another bsod  which i eventually fixed by uninstalling the "Logitech gaming software" that came along with the mouse and the driver seems this software is known to cause bsod's, again the computer worked fine for about 1-2 days then another bsod,   after uninstalling the driver for a third time and the gaming software the bsod was still popping up i had then downloaded a handful of drivers off of the asus site in safemode with networking  hoping by updating my drivers i'd resolve the issue. i had fixed it by uninstalling the "turbolan software" that i had downloaded  earlier that day when i was updating my drivers, this was one of the extra software's on the driver page i decided to give a shot.

and then once again today i had gotten another bsod which i had eventually fixed by screwing around and doing tests for hours, the thing that "fixed" it was  using windows start up repair though it said it couldn't fix anything and IT needed to send an error report, my computer started up fine afterwards

after a week an a half screwing around  since the bsod's started ive only been able to delay a bsod for a day or two untill it comes back, never actually resoliving it so i figured i'd get help from people who actually know what they're doing

ill try to list some relevant information:
all the bsod crashes happened approximately 15 seconds after the desktop loads
my computer worked fine in safemode during these issues

though probably unrelated ill list these 2 issues anyways just in case      sometimes when i start up my computer approximately 25% of the time my monitor displays no signal and it will just sit like that its not that there's any loose connection because its fixed buy turning the computer on and off again and then it'll load up just fine so i assume the monitor is fine and that my theres an issue with my video card that it doesn't start up consistently.

and i havent been able to update windows for a good few months it always just gets stuck at 0%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i checked other posts and got some of the tests out of the way to save some time for us though i mentioned that there mere multiple BSOD's i could only find one dump file in the folder the initial one. but i know atleast there were 2 different BSOD codes 0x00000051 and today 0x0000001E
i had done memtest86 and passed with 0 errors though it was only a single 40 min pass
hopefully ive posted all the relevant files
thanks ahead of time for any help

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

Are you plugging this mouse into a shared hub or keyboard hub?

Are you plugging it into a USB 3.0 port?

Are you plugging it into a front USB port?

Inspect your usb ports for possible damage.

Go to start and type devmgmt.msc expand "Usb Serial Bus Controller" check that there are no marked area's having a issue.

Update the USB drivers for your motherboard manufacturer and then reinstall the 64bit mouse drivers. Here.

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Or get a diffent mouse and whatever for that thing.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Looks like in the past you've had some malware?? Looks like you gone nuclear on it and possibly destroyed your legit drivers In the process. I marked them in red. This is a copy/paste from your msinfo32/system information under "problem devices".

softaal    ROOT\LEGACY_SOFTAAL\0000   This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

IOMap    ROOT\LEGACY_IOMAP\0000         This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

SRepairDrv    ROOT\LEGACY_SREPAIRDRV\0000  This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

AMDA00 Interface    ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&DABA3FF&2    Failure using the VxD loader.

TsNetHlpX64.sys    ROOT\LEGACY_TSNETHLPX64\0000  This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CB1&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&A0    The drivers for this device are not installed.

tencent QMUdisk    ROOT\LEGACY_QMUDISK\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Edited by technonymous, 31 December 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

This is error is showing up in Windows Error Reporting thousands of times. Harmony Wireless Software Stack. Looks important and seems removed by accident. Looks like a result a of registry cleaner that nuked the important things alongside the bad. This is probably a missing registry key in HKLM\...\Run:

12/31/2016 9:42 PM    Application Error    Faulting application name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b
Faulting module name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006f58
Faulting process id: 0x728
Faulting application start time: 0x01d263aeb0190a90
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe
Report Id: f7012da1-cfa1-11e6-a654-7824af8eb346

EDIT: As future reference don't use programs to "Clean" the registry. A lot of that auto cleaning will turn your pc into a pile of bones. Till you reinstall and repair it. :)

Edited by technonymous, 31 December 2016 - 10:23 PM.

#6 alexmark

alexmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

Are you plugging this mouse into a shared hub or keyboard hub?

Are you plugging it into a USB 3.0 port?

Are you plugging it into a front USB port?

Inspect your usb ports for possible damage.

Go to start and type devmgmt.msc expand "Usb Serial Bus Controller" check that there are no marked area's having a issue.

Update the USB drivers for your motherboard manufacturer and then reinstall the 64bit mouse drivers. Here.

Unsure what you mean by keyboard hub or shared hub
currently plugged in to a 3.0 but i have 2.0 available as well
back usb port directly in to the motherboard
no visible damage
no marked issues in the device manager aside from the mentioned AMDA00 INTERFACE which says this in properties
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
USB drivers are updated as well as bios  and the software reinstalled.

#7 alexmark

alexmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

This is error is showing up in Windows Error Reporting thousands of times. Harmony Wireless Software Stack. Looks important and seems removed by accident. Looks like a result a of registry cleaner that nuked the important things alongside the bad. This is probably a missing registry key in HKLM\...\Run:

12/31/2016 9:42 PM    Application Error    Faulting application name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b
Faulting module name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006f58
Faulting process id: 0x728
Faulting application start time: 0x01d263aeb0190a90
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe
Report Id: f7012da1-cfa1-11e6-a654-7824af8eb346

EDIT: As future reference don't use programs to "Clean" the registry. A lot of that auto cleaning will turn your pc into a pile of bones. Till you reinstall and repair it. :)

Im pretty sure that was a program that came along with a micro usb bluetooth receiver which i removed since i had no intention on using Bluetooth again but if you think its the source then what would be the next step to fixing it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users