Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beginner in game programming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 walex77

walex77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

So,what do i need to start with?I'm in a middle class in highschool so that means that my math is not so advanced.

I have never made a program before and all that i did in our it course was excel,word and easy stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Don't underestimate yourself! Just because you did it in word and excel (I'm assuming it was VBA doesn't mean you aren't on the right track!) I'd start looking into using Unity3D and looking for some tutorials there. If you seriously want to get into it as a career, look into learning C#

#3 Frankenstein007

Frankenstein007

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Pls... Sorry to ask... What is C#?

#4 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

C# is C square programming language. It is bit difficult for beginners. I would recommend that you would download Dark Basic Professional from www.thegamecreators.com. They put it there as open source. Also you can download FPS creator as open source there.

#5 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

This may be a good place to start, for someone who hasn't programmed before, and wants to make simple games.

http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/

#6 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Game programming is so complicated now.  You can try programming in .NET and use Direct2D.  I never used it but people say it is easy.  Java is also a good one.  You have to learn how to use OpenGL or Swing.  Try Swing first.  I never got it working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users