Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crack in laptop shell makes charging a chore.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fighters4Life

Fighters4Life

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello,

My computer is an Acer Aspire Model E5-E21, which was purchased in July 2015. It is a Windows 10 PC.

Around early-November, my computer had developed a crack in the top-right corner of the bottom half, where the charge component is held within the computer. What I didn't know at the time (I'm 14 years old) was that it would prevent me from charging most times. I remember the PC losing some plastic pieces (likely the teeth holding the corner together) from the corner and whatnot, and a few days after the crack started developing, I got quite a few KERNEL_POWER_ERROR crashes. Those are finally gone, though, so it might have been memory.

How can I solve the splitting? I cannot charge my computer while open unless I hold the charge cable at an odd angle, and cannot charge it closed without causing a hassle (putting some pressure on it, using my hands to lift the shell, etc.).

1. A picture of the computer in general. I was trying to focus on the battery housing, but that would just be difficult, I thought.

2. The tab on the top left corner of my PC, which looks fine.

3. The tab on the top right corner, which is slightly bent in contrast.

4. A dark image of my computer's top left corner, which is still fine.

5. A flash image of the crack in the top right corner, stretched open by my younger sister, showcasing my laptop's internals.

6. The unattended crack in the top right corner.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users