Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zenfone 2 has multiple poor-build issues.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

Apart from my saga with the Zenfone 2 camera, I now have SIM card issues. The phone, now 12 months old, will not recognise a SIM in SIM1 unless it is forced hard into the slot, beyond what is required to make it click into place. Even when you do this, the slightest jolt shifts it off the contacts and it is again not "seen" SIM2 does this also, but not as frequently.

This is pure garbage manufacturing.

Second issue now is that my carrier of choice, Vodafone, cannot access the APN Names setting because the setting is greyed out.

Fair warning to anyone considering one of these low-level pieces of less-than-ideal tech.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Natasha4rawlings

Natasha4rawlings

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

I use a ZenFone 2 too... The major issues I have is the battery, the camera... The heating... Its a turn off

#3 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

Just got rid of my Zenfone 2.  Agree with the above entirely.  I accidentally hit some camera setting that put a blue line 2/3 of the way across each frame.  Could not find out how to fix it and even had ASUS KOREA advise me to send the phone back to KOREA to get fixed!!!  Eventually I accidentally found the problem.

The charging point gradually failed and the local phone shop here could only charge it by removing the back and hooking up wires directly to the battery so I could have enough charge to extract what I needed to.  They then sold me a used (for 3 days only) Samsung S6, which is great.

The Sim card issue started with me when I put in a Moroccan SIM - maybe standards not so exact there - and from then on difficult to get another SIM to read.  If you are keeping your phone, jam the sucker in there and have a piece of strong tape ready to lock it in place (the young dude at T-Mobile here in Tampa did that for me.

Don't think that their other stuff is better - I had to throw out my ASUS tablet because it just failed, 15mths old.  But then, I had to throw out my HP tablet too because everything went wrong with that and the control ribbon repair was quoted at $633 for the ribbon only.

All that said, I have just bought another ASUS, a Zenpad 10, but I only use it for Zinio subscriptions so it can't get itself screwed up too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users