Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc compatibility help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Famjo

Famjo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

So im fairly new to pc building and im planning to build a gaming Pc with the following specs and I wanted to know if the components were compatible, and if that was all that i needed or if i should upgrade a component for a little more price to increase performance slightly:

-Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 630 2GB DDR3

-Motherboard: ATX ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 ddr3 Socket AM3

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Dual-Core CPU 3.33 GHz

-RAM: 8GB 2X4GB DDR2-800MHz PC2-6400 240PIN DIMM For AMD CPU Motherboard Memory PK

and

4GB DDR3 PC3-10600U 1333MHz 240pin DIMM Desktop RAM Memory Only For AMD Chipset

-Power supply (not included in case): A-Power AK 680W 20+4-pin ATX Black PSR Power Supply w/SATA & PCIe & 120mm Fan

-Case: AvP STORM 27 BLACK ATX GAMING TOWER CASE WITH FRONT USB 3.0 & HD AUDIO MIC PORTS

Is everything allright? and if its not it would be nice if you could tell me where should i get the correct components at around the same price.

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:39 AM

Mobo for AMD cpus and the cpu is intel, won't work.

Dont know why your talking about ddr2 in your post when its clear the mobo is made for ddr3, PSU sounds like a trash brand and probably can only do 50% of rated watts.

Video card low end and if you want to save some cash i would go with a quality used card.

Over all epic fail on parts lists.

Ps how much you looking to spend over all ?

#3 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Rather than call it an "Epic Fail", how about we try to help OP instead?

If you're looking for compatiability then use https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ as it has a decent compatibility filter and as shadow said, what is your budget for building a PC? We can recommend a few lists of parts that can match your budget well with a good matching of parts. On a side note, if you could fill this out, it would be really helpful :)

My budget for the new computer is: 

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? 

What software do you intend on using on the computer? 

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? 

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? 

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Will you be overclocking?

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

How many monitors are you planning to use?

Do you need peripherals? OS?

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:20 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 Famjo

Famjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Here is my reply, and sorry for not noticing, as i said I am new to pc components as im more used to laptops:

My budget for the new computer is: 250 US Dollars or around 5000 Mexican pesos

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?: Games and web browsing

What software do you intend on using on the computer?: Light video editing and recording software

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?: Open world games and all variety of games, including exploration titles

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?: I close every program that im not using

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?: No

Will you be overclocking?: Yes

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?: Ebay

How many monitors are you planning to use?: 1 at 1080p or 720p

Do you need peripherals? OS?: Windows 10, headphones and microphones. (Did I had to include keyboard and mouse in this answer?)

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?: I want to play a more open variety of games and not have to use a laptop that has to be connected all the time.

Thanks for your replys and sorry for not knowing as much as shadow_647

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:19 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#5 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

At $250, with Windows 10 and peripherals, I don't think I'd be able to create something worth using :( https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7xDvsJ In this list, we already take up the majority of the budget in OS and peripherals. $100 isn't really enough to create a PC. You'd be best looking for used parts that are cheaper than there newer counterparts

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#6 Famjo

Famjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

I dont think you understood me, in this 250 dollar budget its only the parts of the tower itself, the OS and the keyboard and all of that I already have them (except the OS), so those are an extra 100 dollars that are already oof the list.

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#7 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

So all you need is the OS and Tower? Even then, the OS is worth 85$ but if you have the OS already then it should be possible. If you're OK going over budget by 20$ then this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ghyzpb is a decent budget with R7 integrated graphics. It should play most games at 720p but less at 1080p.

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for your reply's and sorry for not knowing as much as shadow

Its ok bro, We all have to start somewhere and we all just know more then some but less then others, your parts pick list still made me laff some ;)

With $250 i could make a decent box but i would mostly go for used parts at that price and sadly you don't know about computer hardware, like here "Canada" i can get a basic Dell tower computer for $60 3000mgz core 2, two gigs ram , dvd burner ,250gig hdd, rest all integrated.

For $140 more in used parts i would add in more hdd space,and a add on sound card "sound blaster" as well as a video card of some kind, don't know if that box comes with keyboard and mouse and chezy speakers but that doesn't cost much.

Don't know what prices are in your part of the world but here its cheap, check out the prices here.

http://pcdepotliquidation.com/

Mod Edit:  Removed unnecessary graphic - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2017 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users