Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain keys on keyboard no longer working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

I've recently encountered an issue with my Lenovo wireless keyboard and that issue is that certain keys like the plus, dash, underscore and from F2 to delete do not work anymore. The keyboard has a "Fn" button to use the F keys, but that will only work with F1 it seems and with no other buttons like print screen etc. I've changed the batteries numerous times and even the asterisk, dash and full stop/delete no longer work on the num lock pad either and it's clearly on, as the numbers work still lol. Any help would be great and thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

unless you are uncomfortable doing so, take the keys out and see if there is a little rubber button under them. If you could, please provide pictures.

ooh, i have a signature

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

Change keyboards lol.

#4 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

Change keyboards lol.

It's only a year old lol, but i have no idea why the mouse works properly and the main buttons i use a lot have just died on me. I'll have to look for another one if i can't get it to work.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

Everything made in china now, probably cheaply made is my best guess, just don't make em like they use to.

seen some new keyboards go for as little as $10 at the store so their getting em for less.

I still have one like this in stock,use to have two but gave one away.

Not that i use it, pressing keys on it make to much noise i find.

iljitsch-model-m-1a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users