Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window 10 update issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

I updated one Windows 10 laptop which took 5 hours and still counting. Another laptop, I click on Settings and a window comes up with just a gear icon in the middle. I closed it after a few minutes and tried various other ways. Clicking on Settings, etc. now highlights that option for a second and then nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nightspear

Nightspear

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

open an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow  to put a space between the "c" and the "/". allow it to complete and try again.

Edited by Nightspear, 31 December 2016 - 12:24 AM.

#3 Yawellnofine

Yawellnofine

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

i had the same issue xcept my update window was blank except for the menu on the left. This update worked for me, so hope it helps you. Took all night to download and install but worth it https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/features

#4 Nightspear

Nightspear

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

The update assistant will help get the updates, but I do not think it will repair Windows update. I could be wrong. I have not used the update assistant.

#5 Yawellnofine

Yawellnofine

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

But it will tell you if your windows version is up to date and install the new version to f you want. Worked for me after pulling my hair out for 2 weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users