Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredibly slow internet on W10 laptop

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 notamondayfan

notamondayfan

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

Hello,

I'm at a loss. My Windows 10 laptop is acting very stange, download speeds are very slow. Speedtest confirms this, when I can get it to load! The broadband is fine on my Chromebook.

I've re-started, uninstalled anything I'm not using, disabled all extensions in chrome, but it's even very slow on things like dropbox and software updates.

I'm running a virus scan now on Window Defender, but I'm confident that'll be fine.

I've also adjusted the Windows update settings from advice from other posts.

I'm now at a bit of a loss to be honest, does anyone have any suggestions? The laptop runs fine, it's purely the internet connection that's not right.

Thanks,

Dean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

Step 1: Speccy Scan.

• Please go here and download Speccy.
  • Install and run the program.
  • Upon Completion:
  • Hit File
  • Publish Snap Shot
  • A link will appear, post that link.

Step 2: MiniToolBox Scan

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go post the result.

Step 3: Autoruns Scan.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe
After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save
The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option.
in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

#3 notamondayfan

notamondayfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

Speccy scan - http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ItNxwMMozktJzyIK3sjc8aI

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

Continue on with the other scans, when all are posted we will go from there.

#5 notamondayfan

notamondayfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

Autoruns and Minitoolbox files.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Dean

Attached Files

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Autoruns is incorrect, please re-read the instructions. When you save the log save it as .txt not .arn    :)

#7 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

Remove the programs below with Geek Uninstaller. -- Use Force Mode if needed.

µTorrent (HKCU\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.7.42330 - BitTorrent Inc.)
Acer Backup Manager (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{0B61BBD5-DA3C-409A-8730-0C3DC3B0F270}) (Version: 3.0.0.100 - NTI Corporation)
Acer Crystal Eye Webcam (HKLM-x32\...\{A0382E3C-7384-429A-9BFA-AF5888E5A193}) (Version: 1.5.2108.00 - CyberLink Corp.) Hidden
Acer Crystal Eye Webcam (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{A0382E3C-7384-429A-9BFA-AF5888E5A193}) (Version: 1.5.2108.00 - CyberLink Corp.)
Acer ePower Management (HKLM-x32\...\{3DB0448D-AD82-4923-B305-D001E521A964}) (Version: 6.00.3010 - Acer Incorporated)
Acer Games (HKLM-x32\...\WildTangent acer Master Uninstall) (Version: 1.0.2.5 - WildTangent)
Acer Instant Update Service (HKLM\...\{682EC6E8-A300-45FD-8F09-0F3A6EA334D6}) (Version: 1.00.3004 - Acer Incorporated)
Acer Updater (HKLM-x32\...\{EE171732-BEB4-4576-887D-CB62727F01CA}) (Version: 1.02.3501 - Acer Incorporated)
Delicious (HKCU\...\https://delicious.com) (Version:  - )
Chrome Remote Desktop Host (HKLM-x32\...\{D669DC52-B1A4-4933-878D-CB80F660D95D}) (Version: 55.0.2883.17 - Google Inc.)
Java 8 Update 66 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86418066F0}) (Version: 8.0.660.18 - Oracle Corporation)
Java 8 Update 91 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86418091F0}) (Version: 8.0.910.14 - Oracle Corporation)
Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 75 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{64A3A4F4-B792-11D6-A78A-00B0D0170750}) (Version: 1.7.0.750 - Oracle)
Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 40 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{64A3A4F4-B792-11D6-A78A-00B0D0180400}) (Version: 8.0.400.26 - Oracle Corporation)
Unity (HKLM-x32\...\Unity) (Version: 5.1.0f3 - Unity Technologies ApS)
Unity Web Player (HKCU\...\UnityWebPlayer) (Version: 5.1.0f3 - Unity Technologies ApS)

Step 2: Disable useless items.

Download easy service optmizer, save it to your desktop and unzip it there. Right click it and run as admin, then select tweaked at the bottom. Then click on the rocket, this will turn off a lot of useless items.

S0ue8D2.png

You will however need to change one setting. Right Click on Wlansvc — WLAN AutoConfig, then select start service, the edit service. Make sure it is automatic across the board, as per the picture.

yyUpbEu.png

Step 3: Run Batch File.

Download and unzip internet Flush.zip to your desktop right click it run as Administrator.
Reboot machine after running this tool.

Step 4: Disable Tunnel Adapters.

Now disable tunnel adapters with this tool.

Step 5: Set A Strong DNS Server

Set your DNS to Google or Open DNS with this tool.

Step 6: Clean up temp files and reduce startup load with CCleaner.

• Download CCleaner from here.
  • After install Click Options.
  • Go to monitoring.
  • Uncheck All Monitoring items.
  • Go to advanced -- Click close program after cleaning.
  • Go to settings -- click run ccleaner when the computer starts.
  • Now that you have ccleaner installed and set-up:
  • Open the program.
  • Go to Tools
  • Go to Startup
  • Now double click each item. To Disable.
  • Leave only your antivirus enabled.
  • Then disable All items in your scheduled task as well.
  • Unless they are related to windows defender.Or your antivirus.
  • Reboot the machine.

Step 6: Reset Host File

• Click here to download RstHosts v2.0
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Right Click and Run as Administrator.
  • Click on Restaurer, then click OK at the prompt.
  • This will restore the default host file.
  • Next Click on Creer Un Rapport.
  • This will open a logfile, post that in your next reply.

Step 7: Report On Issue.

Reboot the machine once more and then post a fresh MiniToolBox log and tell me how the machine is running.

#8 notamondayfan

notamondayfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

thanks, i will do this all tomorrow evening and also re do the autoruns file.

many thanks!!

Dean

ps happy new year!!

#9 notamondayfan

notamondayfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:08 AM

I haven't had chance to sit down and go though the list of things to do yet, but I have re-done the autoruns file.

Cheers,

Dean

Attached Files

Edited by notamondayfan, 02 January 2017 - 04:09 AM.

#10 notamondayfan

notamondayfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

I've been through the list :)

I have also attached the two files.

As for the PC, it's loading much faster. With CC cleaner though I did re-enable Dropbox, Skype, Hamachi and i7 Profiller as I need these to start up when the PC turns on.

As for the internet speed, this is much better. The laptop now hits 50mbps download, and 5mbps upload, which is very similar to the Chromebook.

Thanks for your help!!

Dean

Attached Files

#11 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:13 AM

Step 1: Fix with Autoruns.

Open Autoruns as administrator and under the "Task Scheduler" tab and uncheck these items.

+ "\Adobe Acrobat Update Task"    "Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\arm\1.0\adobearm.exe"    "22/10/2016 01:56"    ""
+ "\Adobe Flash Player Updater"    "Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 24.0 r0"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash\flashplayerupdateservice.exe"    "10/12/2016 23:16"    ""
+ "\AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-Laptop001-Dean"    "Adobe Updater Startup Utility"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\oobe\pdapp\uwa\updaterstartuputility.exe"    "20/09/2013 09:37"    ""
+ "\AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-MicrosoftAccount-dean_punchard@hotmail.com"    "Adobe Updater Startup Utility"    "Adobe Systems Incorporated"    "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\oobe\pdapp\uwa\updaterstartuputility.exe"    "20/09/2013 09:37"    ""
+ "\Apple\AppleSoftwareUpdate"    "Apple Software Update"    "Apple Inc."    "c:\program files (x86)\apple software update\softwareupdate.exe"    "23/02/2016 23:31"    ""
+ "\CreateChoiceProcessTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Windows\System32\browserchoice.exe"    ""    ""

+ "\Intel\Intel Telemetry 2 (x86)"    "Intel® Product Improvement Program"    "Intel Corporation"    "c:\program files (x86)\intel\telemetry 2.0\lrio.exe"    "17/03/2016 20:53"    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Microsoft Antimalware Scheduled Scan"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MpCmdRun.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\VisualStudio\VSIX Auto Update 14"    "VSIXAutoUpdate.exe"    "Microsoft Corporation"    "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\common7\ide\vsixautoupdate.exe"    "16/05/2016 03:01"    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceDirectoryClient\HandleWnsCommand"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\devicedirectoryclient.dll"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceDirectoryClient\RegisterDevicePolicyChange"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\devicedirectoryclient.dll"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\sdiagschd.dll"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\DUSM\dusmtask"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\dusmtask.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ActivateWindowsSearch"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ConfigureInternetTimeService"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\DispatchRecoveryTasks"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ehDRMInit"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\InstallPlayReady"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate_scheduled"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\MediaCenterRecoveryTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ObjectStoreRecoveryTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURActivate"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURDiscovery"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscovery"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscoveryW1"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscoveryW2"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrRecoveryTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrScheduleTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\SqlLiteRecoveryTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcupdate.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\UpdateRecordPath"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Mobile Broadband Accounts\MNO Metadata Parser"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\mbaeparsertask.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\gathernetworkinfo.vbs"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\UpgradeTriggers\UpgradeNowTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\GWX\GWXUXWorker.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\UpgradeTriggers\UpgradeReminderTask"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\GWX\GWX.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\TPM\Tpm-HASCertRetr"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\tpmtasks.dll"    ""    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary"    "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Configuration Application"    "Microsoft Corporation"    "c:\program files\windows media player\wmpnscfg.exe"    "16/07/2016 02:25"    ""
+ "\Microsoft\Windows\WOF\WIM-Hash-Management"    ""    ""    "c:\windows\syswow64\woftasks.dll"    ""    ""
+ "\OneDrive Standalone Update Task"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.6517.0809\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\OneDrive Standalone Update Task v2"    "Standalone Updater"    "Microsoft Corporation"    "c:\users\dean\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\onedrivestandaloneupdater.exe"    "08/12/2016 08:29"    ""
+ "\UALU notificatin"    "ALURecover"    "Acer Incorporated"    "c:\program files\acer\acer updater\ualu.exe"    "06/02/2012 02:32"    ""
+ "\X-Rite Device Services Software Updater"    "XRD Software Update"    "X-Rite Inc."    "c:\program files (x86)\x-rite\devices\services\xrd software update.exe"    "18/09/2015 19:38"    ""
+ "\{1AF468C2-19D6-44EE-88F4-724F8619FFB4}"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp\is-QJPQP.tmp\XRD Manager.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\{1E18A923-CDF1-4D1C-93B2-AD4CC5BD33EA}"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp\is-INNI4.tmp\XRD Manager.exe"    ""    ""
+ "\{425E7005-9EC8-4CFC-818A-D3511CE343B7}"    ""    ""    "File not found: C:\Users\Dean\AppData\Local\Temp\is-LNS7E.tmp\XRD Manager.exe"    ""    ""

Reboot your machine.

Update old programs with Patch My PC

Enjoy..... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users