Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I use XPostFacto?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iMacg3

iMacg3

Bleepin' PowerPC G3

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Hello,

I have an iMac G3 tray loading that I'd like to install OS X Tiger on. I have upgraded the RAM to 512 MB. I know that tray loading imacs can't install tiger, so I downloaded XPostFacto from other world computing. I have 4 Tiger CDs, so I put disc one in the drive and selected the install option on xpostfacto's main menu. It got half of the way done writing files in installation, then said that the installation failed. I hit the restart button on the page and then the machine rebooted to a gray circle with a line over it. I then booted from an OS X Cheetah disc and installed that. I'm not sure what's wrong with the install.

Thanks

Edited by iMacg3, 30 December 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Regards, iMacg3

If I do not reply to your malware removal topic in 48 hours, please send me a PM.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Have you seen this?

https://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/Framework.cfm?page=XPostFacto3.html

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:33 AM

Have you seen this?

https://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/Framework.cfm?page=XPostFacto3.html

In particular, see the first two items under "Known Problems". Both specifically relate to installing 10.4 for with Macs with Firewire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users