Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSI Nahimic

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Crusher21

Crusher21

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

Hello,

I have the MSI GT72 2QE Dominator Pro and it comes pre-installed with Nahimic. A few months ago I discovered the program Bongiovi DPS. It enhances the sound on the computer, just like Nahimic. Lately I also read an article written by an MSI owner suggesting other MSI owners to replace Nahimic with Realtek HD Audio Manager. Now for the real question: Does software of this kind "replace" each other or do they work together, each processing audio simultaneously? I'm pretty sure that Bongiovi DPS replaces Nahimic since it installs a separate sound driver and requires that that sound driver be the default sound device in order for it to work. Additionally, Nahimic requires the Realtek audio driver to be the default device and will not function without that condition being true. Can Realtek HD Audio Manager process audio alongside Nahimic? 

One more question: What are some of the community favorites when it comes to software of this sort? 

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users