Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Am I Getting These Green Lines In Video Capture?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lt_dan

lt_dan

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:13 PM

Lately, every time I capture video (using ULead Video Studio 7.00.0200 SE Basic), I get these funky green lines throughout the video. It doesn't happen if I just capture stills while the video is playing through the capture card, though.

Here are two examples:

First example.

Second example.

Anyone ever seen this type of thing before, and anyone know what I can do about it, if anything? It's really annoying me, because it didn't used to happen.

I've been round and round with different software and have yet to find one that's easy and works well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sairam g

sairam g

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:52 AM

Please let me know what brand is your capturing card. Previously, I do have the problem, but after using windvr3 (Intervideo)(Software) the problem got solved. Now, am able to capture crystal clear video using my capturing card.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Hi lt_dan.
It would also help to know the make and model of your video recording device. (i.e. camcorder, etc)
Those green lines can come from the conversion process, such as from analog to digital. Typicly, you wouldn't want to let your camcorder (or whatever) make the conversion itself before capturing if it has the built-in ability to do so.
Can you see these green lines while viewing on a television?

Edited by HitSquad, 30 October 2006 - 08:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users