Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WD external hard drive data recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darfbar

darfbar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

hello,

a few years ago i took my western digital hard drive out of case being curious to what was inside it. I now regret my curiosity very, very much. I would love to get my old photos and videos off it and am unsure on what to buy to connect a sata connector to use as usb drive. On the hard drive in one tiny 10 pin chip there is no IDE or sata connector on it, I also took this off a long time ago. Can anyone help me with information on what i need to get to reconnect it?

here is a photo of the only connection chip thing on it.

IMG_1926_zpsihpeopji.jpg

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:16 AM

think that drive is tost bro, last i checked if you want the pros to get data from a drive like that its $1000~$2000 US dallers to get it done or something like, costy in any case.

If its just the logic board that was removed you can put it back on and see what happens but i wouldn't count on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users