Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is 30hz really that bad ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScottRastyles

ScottRastyles

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

I'm getting a new monitor, and I will have to deal with 30hz for a while. Is it really that bad as everyone says ? How will effect gaming, watching videos and the desktop use (word / photoshop)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

It won't effect most videos as most video content is ~30 frames per second. It won't effect photoshop since photoshop does not do much with video.

It will effect gaming as it will cause screen tearing without VSync on, whereas it will cap the framerate at 30 when VSync is on.

Why are you stuck with 30hz OP?

#3 ScottRastyles

ScottRastyles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:05 AM

Why are you stuck with 30hz OP?

My graphics card can't handle more than 30hz with my new monitor (4k). I'll have to get some money for the new, better one.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Most LCD cant even do 60Hz or 60FPS its why i still use a CRT, my CRT can do 85Hz / 85 fps and i use to own a CRT that at low res use to be able to do 200Hz / 200 FPS, i know over kill and it was my self id be happy if a IPS LCD could just do 60 fps, sadly most can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users