Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any way to completely remove Powerpoint, Word, Outlook etc....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Wondering if i can completely remove these programs , don't want to use Windows built in uninstaller because it leaves a lot behind.   I was thinking of Revo uninstaller but it typically shows remnants in "bold" text and then some in regular text to be removed .  I used to just "select all" to be removed but i am not sure if thats the proper way or do you just remove the text in "bold" ?

Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2016 - 05:15 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,032 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

http://www.revouninstaller.com/manuals/freeware/Revo%20Uninstaller%20Freeware%20Help.pdf

....pages 6 & 7 will be of particular interest

If i was still using Windows....I would use Revo in preference to the built in uninstaller

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 herbman

herbman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

http://www.revouninstaller.com/manuals/freeware/Revo%20Uninstaller%20Freeware%20Help.pdf

....pages 6 & 7 will be of particular interest

If i was still using Windows....I would use Revo in preference to the built in uninstaller

Thank you

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,032 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:15 PM

There is also a function to turn off some windows functions/programs...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2734/uninstall-disable-delete-internet-explorer-8-from-windows-7/

(or you could just make the move to Linux)

Edited by Condobloke, 29 December 2016 - 05:17 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Luxi_Terna

Luxi_Terna

• Banned Spammer
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

I just use windows uninstall, then delete the program directory and search for/delete registry keys the program made.  It's nice to know someone automated it, but I don't trust registry utilities after being spanked by them too many times.

#6 Luxi_Terna

Luxi_Terna

• Banned Spammer
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

Computers are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open Windows

AHH-HAHAHAHAAH!

You made my day and it's only 10 am.

#7 herbman

herbman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

I just use windows uninstall, then delete the program directory and search for/delete registry keys the program made.  It's nice to know someone automated it, but I don't trust registry utilities after being spanked by them too many times.

I wish i knew how to remove registry entries the correct way .  For instance , i would love to remove "Dropbox" and everything related to it on my computer but when i find "Dropbox" in the registry it has a ton of stuff related to it lol. 

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

If you are seeking to uninstall the entire Office Suite, here are some links from Microsoft.

As always, please be very careful when editing the registry. Take the necessary precautions, such as backing-up your registry and creating a system restore point.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#9 herbman

herbman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

If you are seeking to uninstall the entire Office Suite, here are some links from Microsoft.

As always, please be very careful when editing the registry. Take the necessary precautions, such as backing-up your registry and creating a system restore point.

I am very comfortable getting around the registry thats not the problem , the problem is when i find a program i know i will never use can i just delete everything that is associated with it or not lol.   I need to figure that out .

I managed to uninstall Office , i did not know the other programs were a part of office.  Is "Dropbox" removable because i know i will never use it ?

Thank you very much

Edited by herbman, 30 December 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:39 PM

You're welcome. :wink: As you suggested in your first post, one of the best ways to "completely" uninstall a program is to use Revo Uninstaller.  Here's how to uninstall Dropbox, even if it came with your PC:

Uninstall Dropbox - Dropbox

Regarding deleting registry keys with Revo Uninstaller, here's what the instruction manual says (Condobloke had shared the link earlier!):

Pressing Scan button will trigger scanning for leftovers and the results (if any) will show up automatically. Revo Uninstaller shows found leftover Registry items first. Registry keys and  values  found  as  created  by  the  uninstalled  program  are  in  bold.  Not  bold  keys  are considered as not created by the uninstalled program. You can also check mark them but they will not be deleted! They have check mark options just because it is easier to select the top parent and automatically check mark its sub items – no need to go through all of them and  check  mark  them  separately,  so,  whatever  you  check  mark,  when  you  press  Delete button only check marked bold items are going to be deleted, even when Select All button
is used.

Edited by bwv848, 30 December 2016 - 07:07 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users