Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BIOS beeping error code

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hordriss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi all.

First of all, system details as follows:

Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 motherboard (pictured):

Unsure of CPU (unable to boot PC to check, but it's an AMD dual-core clocked at 3.8GHz).

Windows 10

AMD R7 260X graphics card

The other day, I went to upgrade the RAM by removing the 2GB stick and replacing it with a 4GB stick.  I've upgraded the RAM previously without issue.

However, when I tried booting it back up, I got a beeping BIOS error code, as per the following:

So, I've tried putting the original RAM sticks in, but am getting the same issue.  I've tried all manner of different formations of RAM, trying just one stick at a time and various combinations of RAM between the two slots, but still the same.

I can't get into the BIOS to check which BIOS it is, which is making diagnosing the issue harder.  Having read up, it is likely to be the AWARD BIOS, which if true indicates this to be a RAM issue.  However, I really don't know what the issue with the RAM can actually be.  I've ensured all RAM sticks are properly in (I've pushed them in until the clips lock them in by themselves).

Can anyone help me please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users